Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Looks like the PMDG NG3 won't be coming to P3D

3 minutes ago, france89 said:

I am very, veeeeeeeeeeeeery curios about the pricing they will keep. The whole price increase in P3D was justified by them about P3D being a professional simulator for professional use.

Now they are going back to an entertainment product. And the price?

I figured $200. Call it crazy but I wouldn't put it past PMDG. New tech, new sim, increased developmental cost, loss of sales from P3D. Yep, 200 sounds about right. And users will pay. They always do. Especially if its one of the first PMDG aircraft for 2020, LOL

Edited by TalonMX

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, TalonMX said:

I figured $200. Call it crazy but I wouldn't put it past PMDG. New tech, new sim, increased developmental cost, loss of sales from P3D. Yep, 200 sounds about right. An we will pay. We always do. Especially if its one of the first PMDG aircraft for 2020, LOL

Considering this very, very early move makes it clear they are working with / been contacted by Microsoft I'd say. I'm certain they have already made arrangements in regards to cost, possibly the PMDG might even become a showpiece for a more centralized store interface, where they've struck a deal for a favorable price for the end-user. PMDG would be a huge selling point for a new platform, so it would make sense.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Can’t say I’m surprised.  The reality is that if we’re just seeing a first screenshot now MSFS will be at least a year old by the time PMDG releases it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

14 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Considering this very, very early move makes it clear they are working with / been contacted by Microsoft I'd say. I'm certain they have already made arrangements in regards to cost, possibly the PMDG might even become a showpiece for a more centralized store interface, where they've struck a deal for a favorable price for the end-user. PMDG would be a huge selling point for a new platform, so it would make sense.

Agree totally. MS want users to head to their new sim, and PMDG want a jump on their opponents as far as sales, so a nice little deal over lunch did the trick. Win win for all. 

Bye bye P3D it seems. And plans for my new build. 😄

• Like 1

I kind of expected it, they'd be eaten alive by the community if they released it for P3D in Q1/Q2 2020 and then asked for the same or higher price later on in the year, same as it was with P3D, they've essentially tarnished their reputation as a company then. Absolutely can't stand them as a business, but love their products, not going to beat around the bushes.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Like I wrote on the other topic, dozens of dollars I'll save!

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

54 minutes ago, simbol said:

They are just planning ahead because their airplanes take long time to develop.. we still need to see when they will finish it and also when MS will be able to release (still waiting for Alpha) lots of variables in play at the moment.

Nope.  You don't come out and say you are done developing for XP and P3D and only developing for MSFS going forward unless you know all the variables....

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I see this as PMDG having a lack of confidence in the future of P3D but I would also like to hear from P3d...I think its about time for a statement.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Upon release of the PMDG 737NGXu Base Package, we will offer, for a limited time, that purchasers of the new PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D will receive 100% credit on their purchase toward the purchase of PMDG 737NG3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator when that product releases sometime next year.*

2 minutes ago, FlyBoy96 said:

Look at the PMDG website. They just released the new NGX? lol .

What in the hell? They did release it? lol

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just now, Drumcode said:

What in the hell? They did release it? lol

Yep, and looks like for limited time itll be a free upgrade to the new MSFS when it comes out eventually. Win win for me, enjoy it now and then in the new sim for no extra cost.

What a troll... Ok, I'm going to go get it as I can live with the credit offer and $99 isn't a bad price. 

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

really really awesome move.  They duped us for a few hours today.  Feature list looks great.  Wonder if it has turbulence simulation like the 747 and smashed bugs/trueglass like the 747?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

EDIT: Already mentioned.

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB