Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Looks like the PMDG NG3 won't be coming to P3D

Wow what a twist, I am in shock!

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

1 hour ago, Evros said:

I hope PMDG is comfortable with not making any money for the rest of the year. Unless they are paid by MS.

Not so.

PMDG is releasing a significantly updated 737NGXu for P3Dv4 and offering full credit on this purchase towards the eventual MSFS 737NG3.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/25766-08nov19-announcing-pmdg-737ngxu-for-prepar3d-v4

Al

12 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Appears like it'll be a free upgrade to MSFS

Keep in mind that they are not promising a free upgrade. Only a $99 credit.

• Upvote 3

Tom

Can anyone report if there are liveries ready?

I'll take the plunge this weekend, but it would be nice if there were a few big airlines available in the livery manager.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Well I guess that answers the question whether or not they can go a year without a paycheck

Seriously though, are they in to some trolling game now? It feels like Elon Musk has taken control of PMDG.

• Upvote 1

Yes it does

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Well this is interesting. I had not planned to purchase the NG3 in P3Dv4 anyway.. But building it for MS2020 only is an interesting and probably logical decision. But it does throw the cat among the pigeons and raises more questions than answers with regard to 3rd party development for P3Dv4.

If rumors are to be believed - Microsoft MS2020 announcement has already apparently killed a number of development projects underway with 3rd party developers for P3dv4...

PMDG recognizing this has announced a change of strategy. This poses the question of how close with PMDG work with MS? For example will the PMDG 737 NG3 be included as a stock MS2020 model to accommodate a missing  Boeing model ?

Some forum members are already announcing no new purchases and a wait and see approach..

Will this PMDG announcement effectively kill any further P3dv4 development?  

Time will tell.

But for me. My intention is continue to be a selective customer for P3dv4 products.

I am waiting development of Asia Mesh ... A330... Chongqing (Jiangbei International -ZUCK)

and maybe one or two existing models that I have refrained from purchasing in the past.

and if Lockheed P3dv4 comes out with a a potentially significant pay for update to version 5 I will certainly look at getting it.

My 2 cents

• Upvote 2

"Upon release of the PMDG 737NGXu Base Package, we will offer, for a limited time, that purchasers of the new PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D will receive 100% credit on their purchase toward the purchase of PMDG 737NG3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator when that product releases sometime next year... We are currently evaluating release of the expansion package to cover our simulation of 737MAX. This is a complex topic that we will not address at this time." https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/25766-08nov19-announcing-pmdg-737ngxu-for-prepar3d-v4

It appears the NGXu is already available for purchase too!?

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

Can’t say I’m surprised.  The reality is that if we’re just seeing a first screenshot now MSFS will be at least a year old by the time PMDG releases it.

Well, guess I was wrong! LOL

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

wow

This is the start of the end for P3D....

This post didn't age well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Eric 

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

This post didn't age well.

LOL

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

This whole thread didn't age well 😄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

What is interesting is what if MS2020 folds up after a short time like Flight and FSW, then what is PMDG going to do, and if MS doesn't see the money quickly rolling in they will drop the new sim like a lead balloon.

Ain't the the truth. If there's one thing I've learned working in Silicon Valley, it's how quickly a company will cut bait and run if a product/project doesn't increase shareholder earnings/potential.. 

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

4 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm 299% positive that PMDG got a sweet offer from MS they couldn't resist. Only a couple of days ago we all saw NGX3 at P3D newly issued KIAD. Obviously MS has money to influence the developers and PDMG fell as a first victim of that strategy

It may have been an offer to MS from PMDG. In the time since FSX was released, trademark and patent law has grown as a significant worldwide discipline. One can see the impacts on the flightsim industry, as LM has removed the names of aircraft manufacturers from P3d and even has deleted default models altogether. Most flightsim developers are small fry and big corporations haven't been harassing them about using logos, product names and other type of branding information. But MS has deep pockets and they aren't about to include an aircraft model without first getting permission from the manufacturer. Often times such "permission" costs money. Enter PMDG. PMDG has a good working relationship with Boeing  and offering up the NG3 seems to me to be a really good tactic and an excellent strategy for both companies.

One thing that this move shows is that there definitely will be high quality add-on aircraft for MSFS. It also means to me that realistic ATC and updatable navigation data are also going be a component of MSFS.

• Like 3