Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Looks like the PMDG NG3 won't be coming to P3D

9 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

One thing that this move shows is that there definitely will be high quality add-on aircraft for MSFS. It also means to me that realistic ATC and updatable navigation data are also going be a component of MSFS.

Dream on,   😏

• Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Im still trying to figure out the difference between MSFS2020 and the flightsim sub reddit... 🙄

so many people ready to "get ready" for MSFS2020 that doesnt even have a firm release date

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It may have been an offer to MS from PMDG. In the time since FSX was released, trademark and patent law has grown as a significant worldwide discipline. One can see the impacts on the flightsim industry, as LM has removed the names of aircraft manufacturers from P3d and even has deleted default models altogether. Most flightsim developers are small fry and big corporations haven't been harassing them about using logos, product names and other type of branding information. But MS has deep pockets and they aren't about to include an aircraft model without first getting permission from the manufacturer. Often times such "permission" costs money. Enter PMDG. PMDG has a good working relationship with Boeing  and offering up the NG3 seems to me to be a really good tactic and an excellent strategy for both companies.

One thing that this move shows is that there definitely will be high quality add-on aircraft for MSFS. It also means to me that realistic ATC and updatable navigation data are also going be a component of MSFS.

Your supposition doesn't make a lot of sense.  First, you believe PMDG has a better relationship with Boeing than the world's largest company?  This is quite perplexing considering Microsoft and Boeing have a partnership and are based in the same city; seriously, some of you really overstated PMDG "relationship" with Boeing.  I assure you, Boeing and Microsoft CEOs, CFOs and lead management are well acquainted; they certainly don't need a small (in relative terms) flight sim company to act as an mediator. To that point, Microsoft has included Boeing models in their simulators for years, even before PMDGs existence; the 'relationship' already exists. 

Secondly, you believe that PMDG 737NGX is going to be included in the base sim?  If that's true, why would PMDG offer an upgrade pricing path?  Why would Microsoft include a plane as complex as the NGX in the first place, when it's unlikely to appear to the larger audience.  There's a reason why simulators CHOOSE not to include complex airliners, it certainly not because thy don't posses the capability to model/code them in-house.  Again, this doesn't make any sense, for either party. 

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

“The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated" Mark Twain 1897, P3D 2019.

• Upvote 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

44 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

I assure you, Boeing and Microsoft CEOs, CFOs and lead management are well acquited; they certainly don't need a small (in relative terms) flight sim company to act as an mediator.

I'm sure you mean acquainted? 

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

2 minutes ago, Shug said:

I'm sure you mean acquainted? 

LOL...indeed; I have a 100% grammatical error rate when posting via my iphone :).  

• Like 1

Matt King

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

This post didn't age well.

I think that was PMDG’s experiment. 

Edited by UAL4life

8 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Nope.  You don't come out and say you are done developing for XP and P3D and only developing for MSFS going forward unless you know all the variables....

See? They released it for P3D.

I am fedup of explaining this over and over again. NOBODY has a SDK and NOBODY can do anything for the new simulator yet. It is not even on Alpha..

So unless a 3rd developer name is NOBODY, there is no chance in hell it is already developing for the new simulator.

S.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

I am fedup of explaining this over and over again. NOBODY has a SDK and NOBODY can do anything for the new simulator yet. It is not even on Alpha..

So unless a 3rd developer name is NOBODY, there is no chance in hell it is already developing for the new simulator.

S.

It’s frustrating to have to see you explain yourself over and over. I feel like people think that if PMDG state the intent to develop for MFS there is some miracle they already have access. I feel your pain simbol, I think we’ve all been desperate for a new sim we will believe anything. 

• Upvote 2

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

1 hour ago, simbol said:

S.

Developers claimed they already had some third party devs visiting them at Asobo, so i assume that they might have something already or anyway received more information than others minor third parties might have not received yet.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Just now, france89 said:

Developers claimed they already had some third party devs visiting them at Asobo, so i assume that they might have something already or anyway received more information than others minor third parties might have not received yet.

All that means is people are having discussions with MS to discuss plans, etc... which is fine.. WE all are.

MS devs also said it clearly many times.. there is no SDK yet.. they are working on it.. that is the piece of information everyone keeps either "ignoring" or missing.. even their development road states this..

However I have to keep repeating it all the time.. people want to believe things that are not there all the time I guess..

S.

• Upvote 1

Just now, simbol said:

However I have to keep repeating it all the time.. people want to believe things that are not there all the time I guess..

Isn't it great to live in a time where assumptions, rumors and feelings are seen as better informations than hard facts?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

8 hours ago, B777ER said:

This post didn't age well.

Well it looks more like they changed there minds/ had a rethink.

Your now referring to a new post. Not the original.

But its good news all the same and its out now, all good.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It feels like MSFS is right around the corner and developers working on Addon products will be spilling out those products just to cover some of the costs.

This NGXu thingie seams like a prerelease of the NG3 and I suspect that major updates have been done to the looks of it + some minor addons like the EFB so users will get something for theyr money.

I'm sure many other devs will be throwing products on the market till the end of the year.

• Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech