Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

PMDG finished developing for Xplane

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/25608-07nov19-pmdg-product-trajectory-alignment-what-to-expect-in-the-coming-weeks-months-hours-etc

Sorry to say it's the end of the road for PMDG and Xplane, no more development. It even looks bad for P3D. They are concentrating on the new MSFS from now on.

Edited by eaim

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

There's the zibo, I know its not in the same league with PMDG products, but is good enough for me, so no big deal.

• Like 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

They won't be missed. They never really put any effort in this besides doing a buggy porting of the DC plane. Their main competitor is of course the 737 by Zibo. Still, they could have brought over a MD11 and it would have been nice to have that 🙂

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I think "we failed miserably" would be an honest evaluation of their X-Plane development. Develop a buggy plane nobody asked for and then state the market ain't there? Real story: they finally realised you can't code for X-Plane using MS Excel. God what a sad bunch. Talking about their development as if it were NASA, give me a break.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 4

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Now It's time to say goodbye to X-Plane. Sorry...

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Wasn't expecting anything different. Their impact on XP has been effectively zero though, so I agree with france89.

I wonder what will come before, their NG or AI+ATC+seasons on MFS. I don't see the typical "I-am-a-serious-simmer" PMDG user flying without AI or ATC or even seasons.

• Like 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Never cared for PMDG and never will so no loss.  lol did they even develop anything for it except that DC one. 

And don't think it has anything to do with Zibo as a competition , just that they couldn't handle BET 😁     good riddance

Edited by HumptyDumpty
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I think they pushed the wrong product on the wrong platform, had it been the 777 in XP11 (instead of a DC-3 on XP10) they may've enjoyed better sales. 

The DC-3 was a niche within a niche that didn't play to their strengths in modern Boeing jets on the latest platforms. 

I have no idea how their DC-3 flew in XP, so can't comment if BET was part of their undoing. But since the DC-3 release and no update to XP11 it's been clear they're not really interested as P3D stuff makes them more cash.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Effective immediately, I am no longer evaluating a PMDG product purchase at any point in the current five year window, nor do I see any flight simming time being allocated towards PMDG products.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Good Riddance PMDG. The over pricing model was not going to work in X Plane.  They think too highly of themselves.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

13 minutes ago, DavidP said:

So much nastiness....

?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus