Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

PMDG finished developing for Xplane

7 hours ago, ckyliu said:

of a DC-3 on XP10

i thought it had 4 radials with a tricycle ......... 

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

PMDG makes great products but since I choose X-Plane over P3D, I fly the ZIbo 737 and the Toliss 319 and never considered going back. I purchased their Dc6 for x-plane 10 , but that was a disappointment. They even didn't bother tot upgrade it for x-plane 11. 

Jos

• Like 1

I recently did the same flight with the PMDG 737 NG on P3D V4, and with the ZIbo 738 on X-Plane 11. I must say that the latter was far more enjoyable. The VC interaction and the graphics are just vastly superior. Could be that doing non-normal stuff would have been possible only in the PMDG. But for a normal flights I'd prefer the Zibo.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

58 minutes ago, DavidP said:

So much nastiness....

Well, they did ruffle a few feathers.  I remember when they announced they would come to X-Plane, everyone was very happy about it.  Then "things" happened.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There are many great aircraft for x-p 11 out now....... Toliss A319, Hotstart TBM with the best G1000 i have seen in flight sim, LES Saab when the next patch comes out - that said it's pretty good right now, MilViz Turbo C310r......the list goes on. Lots more could be listed here.

Dave

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GoranM said:

And the flight sim world keeps turning, as always.

Good one. I roll my eyes at the self-proclaimed prophets signaling an end to the 'other' sims when that 'Alpha-State Sim' comes to market. Not to mention the sheep/cattle/goat mentality when  PMDG speaks or launches something. I have nothing negative towards them (I own a copy of the 737NGX), but it seems many bow down to them.

LR, LM, AF2, etc. will carry on. I think.😁

• Upvote 3

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

15 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Real story: they finally realised you can't code for X-Plane using MS Excel. God what a sad bunch. Talking about their development as if it were NASA, give me a break.

You've got zero idea about add-on development for MSFS and X-Plane, correct?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

23 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Not correct, why?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

2 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Not correct, why?

Because that's the dumbest statement I've read in a while.

• Like 2

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

15 hours ago, Colonel X said:

I think "we failed miserably" would be an honest evaluation of their X-Plane development. Develop a buggy plane nobody asked for and then state the market ain't there? Real story: they finally realised you can't code for X-Plane using MS Excel. God what a sad bunch. Talking about their development as if it were NASA, give me a break.

You are absolutely right. But Robert has always been incredibly arrogant.

Hope he’s right to bail on XP for an unknown quantity in another MS product, after the MS Flight debacle I don’t trust them.

• Like 1

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

47 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Well I'll just assume you're otherwise only reading Harvard dissertations and take it as a compliment.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Change the thread title please , make "PMDG is finished"

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

6 hours ago, vadriver said:

i thought it had 4 radials with a tricycle ......... 

Whoops, I was thinking about the bird PMDG actually own rather than what they developed! 😳

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

"Finished", I'd say they barely ever started on X-Plane, so they won't be missed much. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I think all this really means is that the only real experiment in ESP <-> XPlane crossover aircraft development has come to an end.

It illustrates that the two platforms and their methodologies are enough different, at least in how FDE, modelling, and panel programming are done, that there truly isn't enough commonality in the skill sets needed to make a good add-on aircraft for each sim and to support/keep them viable through recurring platform update cycles.  That's why there are virtually no add-on aircraft developers that do both.  Each platform has its own ginormous list of idiosyncrasies and special development techniques, and very few folks can devote the time and resources to be successful at both.

So viva la difference, everybody can thrive and keep moving in their own lanes.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case