Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 7th - Development/Insider Update

Nice to see a real-life registration on the DA62 too.

• Like 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

I sure hope that they fix those fugly trees around the lighthouse! :blink:

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

18 minutes ago, n4gix said:

I sure hope that they fix those fugly trees around the lighthouse! :blink:

Those are the autogen trees. Probably on a low level setting. It wouldn't take much tech debt to have them replaced with higher detailed ones. I think that's WIP.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MikeT707 said:

I was thinking the same. Please MS, let those be procedurally generated waves that are dependent on weather and please give them sound.

If that can happen, I can see myself parking on a beach somewhere and listening to the waves.

I think they said in one of the interviews or discovery series; the waves were generated based on winds, etc..

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 hour ago, Mucker said:

Did someone say that other airport pic is a screenshot of Courchevel? If it is then is it just a coincidence this small airport was also just released by OrbX?

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Thanks for the info. Doing a quick comparison, I think the buildings between the two renditions look very similar but not identical. If someone has the airport, could they try and take a similar screenshot to the one above?

da62_1-1600x900.jpg

63-90bb8d6d10b960f2c66b7309d2cdefc3.jpg

I don't own XP, but just going from these two pictures: 

- White fuel tank is different;
- Van behind the fuel tank in pic #1 is blue and white in pic #2;
- There are lampposts modelled next to the flags in pic #1; and
- There's a small horizontal roof under the big windows on the control tower building in XP, but does not appear to be modelled in MSFS pic #1.

However, the orange and white traffic cones are in similar positions near the hut.

Overall, they look very similar. It's uncanny timing to release a preview of an airport that has been recently released by a developer that knows how to work in different sim platforms. 

• Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Guys, if you quote someone, please don't post the same picture . We have several posts showing the same picture and this is a data eating monster for people on limited data.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

9 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Guys, if you quote someone, please don't post the same picture . We have several posts showing the same picture and this is a data eating monster for people on limited data.

Thank you for pointing that out! It’s just so pointless. Just make your comment we know what you are referring to my god

I may have to notify family and friends that they "won't hear from me for a while" whenever this finally releases..

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, irrics said:

I may have to notify family and friends that they "won't hear from me for a while" whenever this finally releases..

Knock knock on man cave door. " honey, I know your in there, I'll leave your dinner here outside the door, remember,  our anniversary is next month" lol

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Kangaby said:

Shot 3 is Nobby's Lighthouse, Newcastle NSW Austraila.

Nobbys-Lighthouse-Newcastle_credit-Desti

• Like 4

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

8 hours ago, Mucker said:

is it just a coincidence this small airport was also just released by OrbX?

If there was any coincidence I would rather look here https://www.llhinfo.com/llh5.html

LLH is a French addon developer...

Edited by domkle
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam