Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 7th - Development/Insider Update

9 hours ago, cepact said:

I suspect this was taken from offline mode, notice the absence of textures in some areas on the ground

IconA5.jpg

Some amazing shots for sure, but this one looks no better than TrueEarth or Simheaven's stuff using world2xplane. Look at the random bland building textures and odd shapes, missing bridges, a weird tall tower etc.. I'd say this is a reality check which shows what most of the world is going to look like apart from the 300-odd photogrammetry cities. Also don't expect custom 3D models for important buildings worldwide either, based on this.

At least they are honest enough to show this. We now can set our expectations accordingly.

Here it is zoomed in:

Screenshot-2019-11-08-at-8-33-02-am.jpg

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

Some amazing shots for sure, but this one looks no better than TrueEarth.

So you're comparing an alpha... to a payware add-on?

Apples to oranges, definitely.

PS: Please compare to default X-Plane (or any other sim) of the same area. Then we're talking.

Edited by bashope
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

Some amazing shots for sure, but this one looks no better than TrueEarth or Simheaven's stuff using world2xplane. Look at the random bland building textures and odd shapes, missing bridges, a weird tall tower etc.. I'd say this is a reality check which shows what most of the world is going to look like apart from the 300-odd photogrammetry cities. Also don't expect custom 3D models for important buildings worldwide either, based on this.

At least they are honest enough to show this. We now can set our expectations accordingly.

Here it is zoomed in:

Yes you are right.

Do we know where it is? If we do, we can check what it looks like in Google Earth and Bing maps.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

36 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

FS20 will give us the whole planet when TE gives us limited geographical areas for which there are already good regional LC sceneries and, de facto, mostly for XP.  

You are right in the sense that we cannot expect customized buildings the world over. I wouldn't analyse this pic too much though  without a look at the actual Bing or GE imagery. Regarding the bland textures, this is a WIP.

The only thing I found a little weird here is the greenish tint.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

51 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

Here it is zoomed in:

Screenshot-2019-11-08-at-8-33-02-am.jpg

I will still take this over any payware/freeware stuff out there. And this is out of the box alpha footage.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

11 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

"We have a number of exciting deliverables ..."
"We are excited to announce ..."

"SOMETHING EXCITING IS COMING…"

"The team is excited to announce ..."

"Lots of exciting things ahead, ..

We’ve got some very exciting deliverables coming over the next few weeks! Here’s a sneak-peak at some of the exciting things we have planned for Insiders coming in the near future:

• Updated DR with locked deliverables for December. Preview of January deliverables.
  • SDK Update! Status update on all things related to our SDK work and progress on deliverables.
  • Feedback Snapshot V1 – Preview of V1 of the FS meant to provide transparency into the feedback we are tracking/working on.
  • Partnership Announcement Series kickoff – Official kickoff of the series is coming soon!
  • Feature Discovery Series – Episode 3 and 4 are coming November 21st and November 28th!

These are just a few of the things we’ve got planned for November and December. Stay tuned for more updates next week!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Source: https://www.flightsimulator.com/november-7th-2019-insider-update/

I begin to feel so excited too...😄

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IconA5.jpg

This is Gothenburg, Sweden - the city has no photogrammetry in Bing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Kodiakman9 said:

So lots of work to do. Sounds like there is no release date in site.

My guess is second or 3rd quarter of next year

Rich Holding

9 hours ago, Kangaby said:

Shot 3 is Nobby's Lighthouse, Newcastle NSW Austraila.

If you search for this on Google Earth you'll see just how much better the MSFS version is.

2 hours ago, fta2017 said:

Here it is zoomed in:

[PIC]

But still, without any addons and without the need to download anything.Those bridges will probably be fixed as they are absent in almost all screens. I would be very happy if large parts of the world would look like this!

2 hours ago, fta2017 said:

Here it is zoomed in:

Here's the city in Google Earth... I think you'll find that their work is far more accurate than you are giving them credit for... especially for alpha stage product.

UgfKUvf.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

3 hours ago, fta2017 said:

absolutely ! Imagine this @ 60 fps.

Edited by Nedo68

2 hours ago, domkle said:

FS20 will give us the whole planet when TE gives us limited geographical areas for which there are already good regional LC sceneries and, de facto, mostly for XP.  

You are right in the sense that we cannot expect customized buildings the world over. I wouldn't analyse this pic too much though  without a look at the actual Bing or GE imagery. Regarding the bland textures, this is a WIP.

The only thing I found a little weird here is the greenish tint.

Quite impressive shot honestly and comparing the GE with this it is fair good recreation of the city...for me the greenish tint actually is the clouds shadow and atmosphere we still need to get use to.

This sim is going to be a bush pilots wet dream.  I can't wait to do tons of low altitude flying SIMPLY to go real world sightseeing.  When this releases I'm not going to be playing any other games for such a long time afterwards, I mean woah.

• Like 9