Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 7th - Development/Insider Update

9 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Amazing how people's reality is being distorted here.

Please tell if that is any better than world2xplane and where all the color matched roof textures and airconditioning ducts are? Some of the buildings don't even match the ortho footprint properly, indicating OSM is indeed in use.

You can attribute all sort of black magic to Azure AI but please don't sprinkle what you see in fairy dust. What I can see above is not that impressive and my original point is that this is likely what 99% of the world is going to look like. 

It's still amazing, but let's not get too giddy about it 🙂 

You can call it a pig if you want, but the technology and techniques that Asobo have leveraged here are stunning. From a development standpoint, I find it beautiful and quite elegant. The scale of the project is unprecedented as is the scalability in their approach.

I'm not knocking World2xplane either. That is an impressive bit of coding as well.

• Like 2

Chris

6 minutes ago, topatov said:

Have you ever seen studios posting screen shot in ultra low setting ? seriously ... 

Yes they have shown us even that, I suggest you start looking at this video and at  @5:15

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

Please tell if that is any better than world2xplane and where all the color matched roof textures and airconditioning ducts are? Some of the buildings don't even match the ortho footprint properly, indicating OSM is indeed in use.

You can attribute all sort of black magic to Azure AI but please don't sprinkle what you see in fairy dust. What I can see above is not that impressive and my original point is that this is likely what 99% of the world is going to look like. 

I don't know where you fly in world2xp, but that's a much more accurate, complete, and varied representation than what I see in XP11. And this is an alpha. They've confirmed that procedural details going on buildings is coming. Some pictures, like those in Aspen, we've seen them already. 

I realize some of you guys are European and maybe play in OSM areas that look good, but the rest of us see the inadequacy of OSM based solutions in our normal flying. 

You are also zooming in a screenshot at extremely low resolution. 

Edited by bonchie

18 minutes ago, topatov said:

Im totaly agree with you ! too many old people on this forum have distorted view ... im really tired by them ... 

This screenshoot look like my old fs9 ... 

Please post your old FS9. 

And that's also a low resolution zoom in of an existing screen shot. It's so blurry I can't tell what details are actually missing or not. The orthos can be up to ZL19 (that's confirmed) and that's near walk around on the ground quality. 

I use ZL17 in XP11 and it's good above about 1,000 feet. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, topatov said:

Have you ever seen studios posting screen shot in ultra low setting ? seriously ... 

You are taking a tiny piece of zoomed in screenshot from several thousand feet up as evidence of what the actual product looks like up close?  Seriously ...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Chris

10 minutes ago, topatov said:

possible but only with hundreds add on installed and then only one city and all this nice view you get arround +-10fps  😂

14 minutes ago, topatov said:

Im totaly agree with you ! too many old people on this forum have distorted view ... im really tired by them ... 

Now that is a perfect example of a distorted view...

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, topatov said:

Lmao

I literally just about spit out my coffee

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Amazing how people's reality is being distorted here.

That looks like something that is going to be resolved before release. It would be very surprising for black and brown bricks to be released like that, especially since it's not something FSX does if I recall correctly (and if you implement fixes). "Lipstick on a pig" is a huge exaggeration.

With that said, I do think low and slow pilots will benefit from OrbX, who will still be able to improve areas with custom models (trees), building facades, wildlife, etc.

I admire their ability to make my jaw drop even with screenshots.

Payware quality for Courchevel and I imagine some other famous airports guys... out of the box!

This looks like a juicy cherry on the cake.

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The closer buildings are more detailed in the screen people are complaining about. I imagine it drops polygons as distance increases, thus the 'bricks'.

If that screen was taken at lower altitude I bet things would look a bit different. Hopefully the detail distance is adjustable.

7 hours ago, fta2017 said:

MS generated and released millions of footprints for US and Canada using their AI... Links below. This means they have the budget and technology to scan their aerial imagery and extract their own footprints... They can do it for any region in the world. And they can feed OSM as well...

OSM open source data is inconsistent and unreliable to have a world coverage. Hence I have the feeling MS generated its own footprints... 

MS Canada Footprints

MS US footprints

Asobo used the same technique to scan the aerial imagery and guess where the trees/forests are. A huge task but they did it... Thus they can do the same to guess the color of the infrastructure roofs. The roof type can be guessed with other rules, sometimes as simple as using the size of the footprint, shape and location to see if it's an industrial roof etc.

Now the result I see in the MSFS screenshots representing the procedural regions, the 3D infrastructure seem similar to X-Plane Type 1 Facades. Makes sens in the context of transforming footprints to 3D shapes... Yet in the case of MSFS the XP "facades" like extruded 3D seems a bit more controlled in terms of how the textures are mapped on the roofs. In XP Facades, the facades roofs are repetitive textures, here the mapping is more controlled as it seems... The walls seem also featuring more details as far as my eyes can see...

Being active in XPlane 11 scenery development, I generated many procedural areas using World2XPlane rules. What I see in MSFS screenshots and videos seems better in terms of the 3D results (as I explained above) as well as the coverage. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

12 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

MS generated and released millions of footprints for US and Canada using their AI... Links below. This means they have the budget and technology to scan their aerial imagery and extract their own footprints... They can do it for any region in the world. And they can feed OSM as well...

OSM open source data is inconsistent and unreliable to have a world coverage. Hence I have the feeling MS generated its own footprints... 

MS Canada Footprints

MS US footprints

Asobo used the same technique to scan the aerial imagery and guess where the trees/forests are. A huge task but they did it... Thus they can do the same to guess the color of the infrastructure roofs. The roof type can be guessed with other rules, sometimes as simple as using the size of the footprint, shape and location to see if it's an industrial roof etc.

Now the result I see in the MSFS screenshots representing the procedural regions, the 3D infrastructure seem similar to X-Plane Type 1 Facades. Makes sens in the context of transforming footprints to 3D shapes... Yet in the case of MSFS the XP "facades" like extruded 3D seems a bit more controlled in terms of how the textures are mapped on the roofs. In XP Facades, the facades roofs are repetitive textures, here the mapping is more controlled as it seems... The walls seem also featuring more details as far as my eyes can see...

Being active in XPlane 11 scenery development, I generated many procedural areas using World2XPlane rules. What I see in MSFS screenshots and videos seems better in terms of the 3D results (as I explained above) as well as the coverage. 

With that said, about the trees. Being procedurally generated, They said a couple trillion on the earth. Couldn't they just adjust the algorithm a little to get us a bare winter and fall trees where necessary. With a spattering of green Pines. Just adjust per north, south hemisphere, keep the jungle trees green, then wola!! you got seasonal foliage.

2 hours ago, irrics said:

Lmao

I literally just about spit out my coffee

i'm sorry about your coffee if you come in france i will offer you one with pleasure but seriously look at this screen gexuscan53.jpgi prefer this 15 years old fs9 with this 10€ add on ground environement x 

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

2 minutes ago, topatov said:

i'm sorry about your coffee if you come in france i will offer you one with pleasure but seriously look at this screen gexuscan53.jpgi prefer this 15 years old fs9 with this 10€ add on ground environement x 

Hahahahah! This guy is a comedian 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2