Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

WOW! WHAT A DAY PMDG 737NGXU RELEASED!

Doesn't appeal to me. The original 737NGX they released was a perfectly good representation of flying one. I'll just keep using it and I probably won't jump to airliners in MSFS the first year anyway. There's too much to see on the ground. 

With that said, I think PMDG needs to shift gears eventually. You can only release variations of the same plane for full price for so long. The next revolutionary step would be a real virtual co-pilot. One you can physically see manipulate switches and systems. It's 2019, so it's not like that's some high bar these days. No one flies a 737 alone in real life. 

I want to see add-on developers think bigger and more next-gen going forward. Some re-hashing will be necessary, but there's room to do some never before done things. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, bonchie said:

With that said, I think PMDG needs to shift gears eventually. You can only release variations of the same plane for full price for so long

simmers only have themselves to blame. I remember when ever PMDG were planning to release a new plane or charge full price for a new sim the threads were full of posters saying " I would pay 2 hundred or 3 hundred bucks to have that or pay full price again etc etc ... well apparently they were listening

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

ZORAN

19 minutes ago, zmak said:

well apparently they were listening

The flip side to that is that if PMDG didn't think they'd make much money making the planes, they probably wouldn't have made them.

Edited by eslader

48 minutes ago, bonchie said:

I think PMDG needs to shift gears eventually. You can only release variations of the same plane for full price for so long.

I don't understand why newer versions of the same aircraft with new tech is not seen as a positive thing.  There are significant differences in the new aircraft.

$100 over a 9 year cycle works out at .92c per month.   People need perspective.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, bonchie said:

With that said, I think PMDG needs to shift gears eventually. You can only release variations of the same plane for full price for so long. The next revolutionary step would be a real virtual co-pilot. One you can physically see manipulate switches and systems. It's 2019, so it's not like that's some high bar these days. No one flies a 737 alone in real life. 

[sarcasm]

BUT DID YOU SEE HOW MANY RIVETS ARE VISIBLE NOW?!

[/sarcasm]

I agree with you. Sadly we are still in the world in which retrocompability, full or partial, is always going to be in the way of innovation in the sim world imho.

Edited by france89
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

They never said how much is the MSFS version going to cost. If it's $199 you will still have to pay another 100 bucks. Same plane, more cash... Nah, thanks.

No, but if you are planning to get the NG3 then the NGXu is more or less a free product. And considering they want to sell to more than just the NGXu customers, I doubt they will go for $199..... but in a time of $70 expansions who knows.... I am counting on something like 140-150. We'll see.

Edited by OSJJ1985

16 minutes ago, OSJJ1985 said:

No, but if you are planning to get the NG3 then the NGXu is more or less a free product. And considering they want to sell to more than just the NGXu customers, I doubt they will go for $199..... but in a time of $70 expansions who knows.... I am counting on something like 140-150. We'll see.

But we don't know if there will be other stores selling the NG3 (Steam? MS Store?) and maybe for a discounted price. Or packages including the PMDG. They clearly stated this discount would only be applied if you purchase the upcoming NG3 on their own store (meaning there will be other places to acquire it?!).

If one isn't really interested on using it right now on P3D, would be clever to wait the MSFS2020 version to be released.

8 hours ago, eslader said:

If you want the best, especially in a niche market, you have to pay for it.

Well, we have different ways of see the life I think. I will always see sims like a game. 

And I don't feel confortable expending hundred of bucks in a game, whatever the quality is (surely XP PMDG users don't agree with you in this case :tongue:)

It makes me chuckle how invested you all get and the proclamations that all other sims are dead at the feet of the mighty MSFS. 

I've seen this hype before a few game releases and they all ended in tears! How about people all get some perspective, get off the hype train and wait for something to be tangible before claiming it's the coming of *******!

As for PMDG, they can choose to sell their products for whatever they want to, however they want to. Don't like it? There are hundreds of great developers on numerous platforms...

Edited by severniae
  • Upvote 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg