Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

PMDG UPDATE INFO

2 hours ago, C2615 said:

I get a confuse, will there be a 737NGu for MSFS? Then what's the NG3 they just announced?

BTW is the"FSUIPC offset(control code)" for NGX still work for NGXu? or a different set of numbers like for777/747, or, just not yet things for a controller MCP control?

I believe the situation is as follows:

• The newly released NGXu is and heavily updated and upgraded Boeing 737-XXX for P3Dv4.
    • It includes the latest tech and model changes which reflects real-world Boeing 737 updates to the airframe and avionics.
    • The price is $99.99, which will be deducted (if you purchase it before 31DEC19) in the purchase of the NG3.
    • Will include base-package which includes the 737-800, 737-900 and the 737-900ER.
    • Upcoming expansion packages is: 737-600, 737-700, BBJ-series and a possible MAX product line.
  • The NG3 product-line has been changed, so it won't be available for P3Dv4!
    • It will be a new product exclusively (will only be available for) for the upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator. 
    • Will release sometime next year.
    • Will include the Boeing 737NG-series as well as the MAX-line series airplanes.

This was what I could think of for a start... I have undoubtedly forgotten something - but to begin with, I think the above was the gist of it... 🙂

Cheers! 

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 7

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

While that will certainly ease the initial tension there is one thing that irks me:

The discount model.

It seems to indicate that the NG3 on release will cost at least $99.99 as well, if not more. PMDG always excused their rather sizeable price increase for their P3D models with licensing issues.

Since MSFS will come with an entertainment license again, prices for PMDG planes coming out for it should be dropping again. It seems that this is not going to be the case.

UNLESS they go for a complete package (no extra expansions) and sell that for the same price as the base package on P3D.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, C2615 said:

I get a confuse, will there be a 737NGu for MSFS? Then what's the NG3 they just announced?

BTW is the"FSUIPC offset(control code)" for NGX still work for NGXu? or a different set of numbers like for777/747, or, just not yet things for a controller MCP control?

Think this topic where the developer of PMDG Products had a cup of coffee and remembered some things provides the answer to your questions.  It is hard for me to read things on the PMDG Forums over and over again. 

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/25766-08nov19-announcing-pmdg-737ngxu-for-prepar3d-v4

They do not recommend FSUIPC, especially the section where you can program your controller.  Don't.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

To buy a new plane or to eat this month......choices, choices.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Can't buy it, tried paypal, card, even using a vpn. Seems a few folks are getting that as well.

They are probably having trouble releasing stock from the car parks. Give them an hour to clear the cars out of the way, and then try again :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Have it, and P3D crashed... trying again...

11 hours ago, Jim Young said:

It's the 737NGXu for P3Dv4.4+.  What you were waiting for.  When Microsoft Flight Simulator is released, the 737NGu will be free to those who purchased the P3DV4 version.

That is not what they said. They said you would get 100% credit towards the purchase in MSFS, not that it is free,

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

9 minutes ago, pgde said:

That is not what they said. They said you would get 100% credit towards the purchase in MSFS, not that it is free,

100% credit on another AC counts as free to me! 😉

Chris Camp

3 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Essentially you spend $99 on this aircraft, and when NG3 releases for MSFS in the future (whenever that is) you get $99 credited to that purchases. So if it is priced over $99, you will have to pay the difference. So not free, but not necessarily a bad deal either.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Yeah, it’s a smart move on their part.  I would think twice about buying it otherwise, but where I will undoubtedly buy the NG3 in the future this purchase is a no brainer for me.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

19 minutes ago, Alti said:

Have it, and P3D crashed... trying again...

In 2nd try i can register it, now it works, at first try to register P3D was crashed...

hope its good now. will make a first flight... 🙂

On 11/8/2019 at 3:26 AM, Arklight1 said:

No, people who purchased this version will get $100 off the MSFS version. PMDG never announced the price of the next iteration.

They did, and they are expecting $139.99 for the base back of the NG3 for 2020. Mind you, they are expecting to add the MAX variants in the base pack.

Source: PMDG forums

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I can live with that. Developers gotta eat, too. 😄

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440