Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

PMDG 737NGXu First Impressions and Review!

Ok let’s get some screens and initial feedback!

Been waiting eagerly for this one!

Got my CC ready!

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 1

Chris Camp

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Visually it's excellent. I have it parked at ORD in the United maintenance area and am getting to know the cockpit. The white dome is super bright at night and the lighting is awesome. I noticed ORD's map in the EFB is outdated, not sure what's that all about... I'll take it for a spin tomorrow. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

The cockpit windows are fixed, the engine behavior is more realistic and the flight dynamics feel good with regards to stalls and overall feel.  The PBR interior and exterior looks great.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Anyone find that the VC floods cause a serious GPU hit when there on? With them off I get around 60%. Soon as I turn them up my 1080ti pegs at 99%.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Took her for a spin around the pattern at MDW. The sounds are a bit improved, but, given that I fly in these things all the time, I was hoping for a little more 'wow' factor. Ground handling is significantly improved, but spool up time from idle is still unrealistically fast. PBR textures look great, and she flies well. Performance is very good. Get more of the 'cramped cockpit' feeling than the NGX, which is good. Overall, I feel a bit underwhelmed, but can't really complain since all this money is going towards the MSFS2020 version. I appreciate this release from PMDG, but I think I'll be flying the FSL A320 tomorrow. 

Ben 

Edited by bbain1187
  • Like 4

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Is it compatible with Pro-ATC X?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

is it compatible with standalone MCP and EFIS hardware? I have the VirtualAvonics MCP,EFIS and on tablet the FMC

Does it replace the current NGX or do they work in parallel?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I noticed ORD's map in the EFB is outdated, not sure what's that all about...

It means you haven't synchronized the EFB with your scenery library. Just like in the 748 it should read your simulator's airport layouts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

Took her for a spin around the pattern at MDW. The sounds are a bit improved, but, given that I fly in these things all the time, I was hoping for a little more 'wow' factor. Ground handling is significantly improved, but spool up time from idle is still unrealistically fast. PBR textures look great, and she flies well. Performance is very good. Get more of the 'cramped cockpit' feeling than the NGX, which is good. Overall, I feel a bit underwhelmed, but can't really complain since all this money is going towards the MSFS2020 version. I appreciate this release from PMDG, but I think I'll be flying the FSL A320 tomorrow. 

Ben 

I agree with regards to sounds... if you use the Zibo+AudiobirdXP mod then you'll miss that in the NGXu, including the immersion... I'm afraid Zibo has spoiled us!!!

• Like 3

Enrique Vaamonde

5 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

The cockpit windows are fixed, the engine behavior is more realistic and the flight dynamics feel good with regards to stalls and overall feel.  The PBR interior and exterior looks great.  

4 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

Well these aren't contradictory opinions at all! [/s] 🙂

Appreciate the feedback though, they've helped me make my mind up.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

As  much as I would love an updated version of the 737NGX, I have to prioritise my finances at this stage, and that means a new PSU and CPU Cooler so that I can start my first ever PC build. At the end of the day, I still have a fantastic set of 737s installed on my PC :cool:

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png