Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

PMDG 737NGXu First Impressions and Review!

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Do you have this set in your Prepar3d.cfg?

[PANELS]

MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=4096

What's your zoom level?

Cheers, Rob.

Hmmmm, Is that Frame rate friendly?

Chris Camp

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

It should be, but might use some additional VRAM.  I believe the default is 4096 so it should already be set, but it's worth checking if VC text is blurry.

Cheers, Rob.

In the UI I have high resolution VC checked. Is that it? I'll check and report

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Does it have Procedure Turn feature in fmc? hows the failure option? is there something new?

Dray Langley

56 minutes ago, dray007 said:

Does it have Procedure Turn feature in fmc? hows the failure option? is there something new?

Not sure if I get you completely but it does have manual and automatic turnaround procedures controlled via the FMC. I haven't checked myself but I think it was announced the failures are more detailed and some have been added.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

38 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Not sure if I get you completely but it does have manual and automatic turnaround procedures controlled via the FMC. I haven't checked myself but I think it was announced the failures are more detailed and some have been added.

Procedure turn is a course reversal in order to establish the acft on the final approach course, usually it involves the 45/180 degree procedure, racetrack or the teardrop.

IIRC, the old NGX and its FMC was not able to execute these procedures correctly. Havent tried it in the NGXu. But use the timer and fly standard rate turns is my advice

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Well, after some concerns about performance, I ended up buying it anyway. 

How is it in VR? Pretty good, actually. Have turned the FO screens off, and the captain screens refresh rate down, which helped a quite a bit. 

Some of the cockpit PBR is dodgy - that carpet on the kick panels is awfully reflective. And the smaller guages, like the brake pressure one, shimmer quite a bit.

DL is not a big deal for me in VR EXCEPT for the dome light, which really sucks frames.

Being on the P3D platform, I miss the hand controllers that I use with the Zibo, but have got 80% of the controls I need mapped to my Warthog yoke, including some key MCP functions.

Have set up Voiceattack for the remaining functions (along with checklists), and started playing with the SDK so I can control the overhead.

Overall: well, I flew it til 6am this morning and then turned up to work after an hour’s sleep, so I guess I like it.  🙂

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Have they changed the names of the panel states?

I use to use "long" as that would place the NG on ground gpu state.

Has this changed at all. I am thinking of buying it this weekend as i have just updated to W10 and in the process of a complete fresh install of P3D and every addon.

I also in the old NG like I do as in the FSL as I use two screens one above the other don't need 3D ND etc to have a 30 fps refresh rate. Like the FSL I set the 3D to 5 FPS and have pop ups (2D) set to 12 FPS.

I would be very interested if someone set a VC view zoom to not show the ND etc, like a zoom level of around 80-90 and with the 3d displayed set to the minimum fps in the FMC and see how FPS is then.

I found in all PMDG setting the 3d displays like that saved a lot of FPS.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Has this changed at all. I am thinking of buying it this weekend as i have just updated to W10 and in the process of a complete fresh install of P3D and every addon.

I also in the old NG like I do as in the FSL as I use two screens one above the other don't need 3D ND etc to have a 30 fps refresh rate. Like the FSL I set the 3D to 5 FPS and have pop ups (2D) set to 12 FPS.

I would be very interested if someone set a VC view zoom to not show the ND etc, like a zoom level of around 80-90 and with the 3d displayed set to the minimum fps in the FMC and see how FPS is then.

I found in all PMDG setting the 3d displays like that saved a lot of FPS.

Hi David , 

I am at work but from top of my head i dont think the "short" and "long" is present but i could be wrong. I know cold and dark is there so maybe you just make your own "on gpu" like i use to do with front door open etc.

About your screen setup. Have you consider disable the 3D Gauge display for the ND in panel.cfg ? I do it when i undock the FMC/CDU so it is blacked out in VC cockpit invironment . That saves some FPS .

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I think it may be possible to define your own state. I like to use previous state and set the aircraft in the state I would like to return to. I believe if you do the same thing and copy/rename the saved state file and you have defined your own.

Edited by JasonPC

I just watched BB doing 3 landing one with only one engine and cutting the throttle at 50 ft and it still floats. Really thought they would have sorted out the bad floaty landings.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Usually jets tend to float more during the flare during OEI ops because you land with less flaps, hence less drag, at least IRL.

On one engine one tends to fly the approach rather a tad fast than a tad slow, another reason for an increased floating tendency.

Edited by FDEdev

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Has this changed at all. I am thinking of buying it this weekend as i have just updated to W10 and in the process of a complete fresh install of P3D and every addon..

Hi David,

They do have a Long and Short now, showed up after the update last week:

SQ9n3A8.png

I did modify it a bit, zeroed out the pax and cargo and left 4k fuel. Default Long is pretty loaded and when Ground Ops starts first thing that happens is deplaning and cargo/fuel unload. Made my turnaround close to 45 minutes....😱

Edited by gsand
  • Like 1

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

2 hours ago, gsand said:

Hi David,

They do have a Long and Short now, showed up after the update last week:

SQ9n3A8.png

I did modify it a bit, zeroed out the pax and cargo and left 4k fuel. Default Long is pretty loaded and when Ground Ops starts first thing that happens is deplaning and cargo/fuel unload. Made my turnaround close to 45 minutes....😱

Great thank you for info, Gerald.

5 hours ago, JasonPC said:

I think it may be possible to define your own state. I like to use previous state and set the aircraft in the state I would like to return to. I believe if you do the same thing and copy/rename the saved state file and you have defined your own.

It is. Set up the aircraft the way that you want it to save, and then select save state. You can give it the same name as an existing state to overwrite one, or a new name to create a new state.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

It is. Set up the aircraft the way that you want it to save, and then select save state. You can give it the same name as an existing state to overwrite one, or a new name to create a new state.

You don't even need to make a separate panel save, but you can save the whole scenario via P3D. That way it makes it so much easier to load up and pick up at exact point and configuration you left it.