8 hours ago, marcom said:

Gentlemen,

version 5.7 was just released with - well I'm sure you know by now - support for the new 737 NGXu!

Both Remote CDU and Remote Overhead will work.

BUT Remote EFB is not supported by PMDG at this point - but I'm sure PMDG will address this in a future update.

Happy flying!

Many thanks, Mark !  I'm about to purchase the NGXu so this comes in very handy.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I updated to 5.7.  But when in the NGXu it's still a blank display when using the program on my iphone. It also says the NGXu is compatible when i run the checker

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.  Win 10 Home. 

Hi, I've a problem with Remote CDU and new NGXu.

When it is updated automatically the Remote CDU program to the latest version has detected me NGXu but fails to update the SDK as it does not find the file options.ini in the PMDG folder. Actually, there is no file that looks in the folder.
How can you resolve it to use the Remote CDU?
Thanks.

16 minutes ago, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

Hi, I've a problem with Remote CDU and new NGXu.

When it is updated automatically the Remote CDU program to the latest version has detected me NGXu but fails to update the SDK as it does not find the file options.ini in the PMDG folder. Actually, there is no file that looks in the folder.
How can you resolve it to use the Remote CDU?
Thanks.

Make sure you load the NGXu once - the .ini file is only generated once it has been loaded for the first time, not during installation.

Then exit P3Dv4, run SimServer and it will then configure the firewall (if needed) and make the necessary changes in the .ini file.

Then reload P3Dv4 and you should be all set.

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of Remote CDU - https://www.flightsimapps.com

https://www.flightsimapps.com

4 minutes ago, marcom said:

Make sure you load the NGXu once - the .ini file is only generated once it has been loaded for the first time, not during installation.

Then exit P3Dv4, run SimServer and it will then configure the firewall (if needed) and make the necessary changes in the .ini file.

Then reload P3Dv4 and you should be all set.

Mark

I tried as suggested but it doesn't create this options.ini file inside the PMDG folder.
If I copied the NGX version inside the NGXu could it work?
Thanks.

13 minutes ago, gianmarcoragazzoni said:

I tried as suggested but it doesn't create this options.ini file inside the PMDG folder.
If I copied the NGX version inside the NGXu could it work?
Thanks.

No, don't think so.

If the .ini is not being generated then something is wrong with your NGXu installation. Are you sure you are loading the NGXu and not NGX aircraft within P3D?

Mark Foti

Author of Remote CDU - https://www.flightsimapps.com

https://www.flightsimapps.com

8 minutes ago, marcom said:

No, don't think so.

If the .ini is not being generated then something is wrong with your NGXu installation. Are you sure you are loading the NGXu and not NGX aircraft within P3D?

I'm sure loaded NGXu

I had the same problem with the missing options file. I could solve the issue after I selected an other panel state for start up (i.e. Cold and Dark). After this change the options file was present. Perhaps you need to change a setting in the plane to make the NGXu create the file. If this works, you can revert to the original setting if you prefer.

Regards,

Uli