Sign in to follow this  
AntonyNaude

Importing aircraft perfomance from FSX

I want to use LNM 2.4.4 with FSX Deluxe Edition.

How do I get LNM to import all of the aircraft performance (fuel usage etc.) from FSX without having to create each from scratch?

LNM and FSX is on PC.

Also is there a "simple" get started manual for the not so clued up ;-)

3 hours ago, AntonyNaude said:

How do I get LNM to import all of the aircraft performance (fuel usage etc.) from FSX without having to create each from scratch?

This is not doable. You have to do at least one flight to collect the performance information automatically. A few are already available here:
https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/Aircraft Performance/

Also is there a "simple" get started manual for the not so clued up 😉

Yes. :smile: LNM main menu -> "Help" -> "Tutorials". Also here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.4/en/TUTORIALS.html

Alex

21 hours ago, albar965 said:

This is not doable. You have to do at least one flight to collect the performance information automatically. A few are already available here:
https://www.littlenavmap.org/downloads/Aircraft Performance/

Yes. :smile: LNM main menu -> "Help" -> "Tutorials". Also here: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.4/en/TUTORIALS.html

Alex

Thanks Alex, still trying to get the hang of the setup. I'm not getting to see my aircraft of the map, I'm doing something wrong. LNM keeps say "waiting for data" even though it also states "connected"

Thanks Alex, still trying to get the hang of the setup. I'm not getting to see my aircraft of the map, I'm doing something wrong. LNM keeps say "waiting for data" even though it also states "connected"

Ignore this "waiting for data". This is only for the online maps and not for the simulator connection (see Statusbar).

You should be good if it says "Connected". Start a flight (go into the cockpit) and should see your aircraft on the map. LNM will not display the aircraft if you're still in the opening screen of the simulator.

Alex

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

Ignore this "waiting for data". This is only for the online maps and not for the simulator connection (see Statusbar).

You should be good if it says "Connected". Start a flight (go into the cockpit) and should see your aircraft on the map. LNM will not display the aircraft if you're still in the opening screen of the simulator.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I actually setup the scenic flight in your manual "Build a VFR flight", loaded into FSX flew route but I could not get the airplane to appear on the map.

In the window Simulator Aircraft in the Aircraft tab is says "Connected, waiting for update" but the window is empty

Edited by AntonyNaude

I have FSX, LNM and LNM Connect all loaded on same PC

I start LNM, then LNM Connect then FSX.

I run LNMC to get pc details and insert into LNM Tools ---> Flight Simulator Connection ---> Hostname the click connect.

LNMC shows "[2019-11-09 18:42:35] Connection from Acer1MediaPC (10.0.0.21)." so I assume it is connected.

I load aircraft performance file Aircraft ---> Open Aircraft Performance.

I then use search function too find departure airport and destination airport.

Click on Set departure point to select which parking I am at the departure airport.

I then click on Calculate a radio NAVIAD flight plan

Flight plan navigation profile is displayed and all looks fine including TOC  and TOD

I save flight plan and then go to FSX and open that same flight plan.

I fly the plan, but I don't get to see my aircraft on map in LNM.

You don't need Little Navconnect if you run all on the same PC. This is only needed for remote connections across a network.

You simply start LNM, then start FSX and start a flight.
Then go to "Tools" -> "Flight Simulator Connection" in LNM and choose "Connect directly to a local FSX or P3D simulator". That's it (https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.4/en/CONNECT.html).
You have to install a compatible SimConnect library If you see only the X-Plane connect option (https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.4/en/INSTALLATION.html#other-simulators-than-fsx-sp2).

Alex

Looks like I have the wrong version for FSX because I only see "Connect directly to local X-Plane"?

I don't have the Steam version of FSX, I bought FSX when it was originally released.

Where will I find the compatible Simconnect version?

Edited by AntonyNaude

I don't think so, I just installed FSX directly from my 2 DVD's.

I have been "offline" for almost 10 years due to work related stuff, now I'm retired and want to get back into it.

Do you know where I can get FSX SP2?