CaptBillyBob

Dynamic lighting performance hit with PMDG NGXu

Just now, Johnny19 said:

I did try turning lights in VC in daylight and no hit. I'm flying real zulu time so it's daylight in illinois

The DL needs night time so it can render light properly on all surfaces. Daytime is not a performance hit.

Dan

dvazj5-2.png

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok the reports are at night with taxi lights enabled and landing lights enabled.. when you can check if you can replicate.

S.

Yep, night, VC floods at low level, back light panel lights and turn on taxi/landing lights. As I turn on each one usage goes up. Even on the FSLabs I barley break 75% GPU. If the 2080ti does a better job of hammer DL, that maybe my next option as DL is becoming the standard. 

Dan

dvazj5-2.png

99% GPU - Usage All Lights

70% GPU Usage - No Taxi or Landing

59% GPU Usage - Panel Back Light Only

This is at FSDT KIAH with no DL airport lights. I know DL can be a heavy hitter but when the FSLabs runs smoother and less GPU than I wonder if a new card will help. Thanks for everyone who is answering my questions. 

Edited by TalonMX

Dan

dvazj5-2.png

99% usage on all light, it's getting hammered LOL

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS X HERO, i7 8086k 4,8 Ghz, Corsair H100i v2, ASUS STRIX GTX1080Ti OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 840PRO, SAMSUNG 850EVO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus, ASUS PG348Q

I do not have the PMDG plane or a 2080ti, but just for fun I will compare the differences with the QW787 and my RTX2080 this weekend and report back.

What I do know for sure is my 2080 made a huge difference from my previous card the 970, bad weather and lighting would destroy my gtx970. 

Edited by TurboKen

Flight Simulator - P3D V4 | Operating System - WINDOWS 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9600k ALL 6-Core's 5.0Ghz @ 1.37v | RAM - CORSAIR 16Gig DDR4 3400Mhz | Video Card - GIGABYTE RTX2080 OC Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER W/RGB | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H115i CUSTOM LOOP W/ DUAL 280MM RADIATORS | Case Cooling - (5) 140MM, (1) 120MM, (1) 80MM CASE FANS | Power Supply - EVGA 1000+ 

Kind of the same deal as before. I use 2xMSAA . Default airport or addon doesn't matter. Dynamic lighting causes a frame hit. From 30 to 15 causing stutters. Guess it's day flying only until something is changed.  Certainly not buying the latest gpu for one aircraft. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Tony Fontaine

I have a 1080Ti as well. Seems to be woefully inadequate to run the NGXu with decent frames. Granted, I have only done a night-flight as of yet. Am going to try it during the day to see if it's usable then.

Richard Johansson

6 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

I have a 1080Ti as well. Seems to be woefully inadequate to run the NGXu with decent frames. Granted, I have only done a night-flight as of yet. Am going to try it during the day to see if it's usable then.

No issues with daytime here Richard. 

Tony Fontaine

The CB lights are heavy on frames - don’t use them.

Dont use the taxi and landing at the same time.