Sign in to follow this  
powlcown

ATIS frequencies

I am just about to register my copy of p2atc but before I do so I have a quick question. Yesterday I flew from Bristol UK to Hamburg Germany. All fine until I was passed over to Bremen control where I had the annoying problem of also receiving continuous ATIS  information. Obviously both frequencies where the same. Is there any solution to this?  This was using Xplane 11.  Also using x-chatter so this is a question which should probably be addressed to them. However readers of this post might be able to answer. I noticed that many of the European chatter originates in Ireland. Is it just a coincidence that I am Irish and live close to Cork EICK that I hear this chatter?!

Do you have the XPlane ATC turned off and the volume set to zero in X-Plane for voices?  If not, you can get this sort of problem.

X-ATC Chatter clips are contributed by a team of volunteers, so I presume many of the European clips may have been contributed by someone from Ireland...or who liked to listen to Irish ATC frequencies.

Dave

Hi powlcown,

look at this post. This could solve your problem with ATIS.

Regards

Reiner

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit

Thanks to both of you. I'll look into changing Bremen frequency with taxi management.

Also Dave it looks like it's illegal to record many UK ATC frequencies. Good to be Irish!

Will be purchasing p2atc tomorrow. Cheers and thanks for help

Hi ReIner on Tour. Changed the frequency of Bremen controls today and all working fine. Just about to register my 10 day trial. 

Thank you for your help

Regards

Hi  powlcown,

i'm really glad it's working for you now. Then I wish you a lot of fun with this incredibly great program.

Regards

Meine Virtuelle Airline: Leipzigair   LHA357    abz_3kapitaen.gif
Mein Youtube Channel: Reiner on Tour
X - Plane 11 | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | 32GB DDR4-3200  | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT | Win10 /64bit