Sign in to follow this  
Headley

PMDG 737 NGXu

Hello,

The new 737 NGXu from PMDG has released.

Any news as if this new bird will be supported by Linda?

Or will it function with the codes from the "older" 737 NGX?

• Upvote 1

The 737u is so new I have certainly not downloaded it and probably won't. I'm an Airbus man. By all means try it and tell others whether the existing module works.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

The heading and speeds don't seem to work correctly. The altitude and speed also do not sink with the in sim display. I'm using the VRInsight MCP 2

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Heading and speed is working for me, the knobs I mean, but I think some changes in the NGXu SDK will need to be accounted for to keep the displays fully in sync. They do update when in intervention mode though, they just aren't displaying --- when the FMS has command. I've only tested with the VRi FCU so far though, it's a pain swapping out for an MCP1 or 2 at the moment as the FCU is bolted into my pit.

There a quite a few things that don't work, but you can work around some of them now with key assignments in the NGXu and FSUIPC for the most part. They haven't included any SDK documents with the aircraft yet (not that I have found anyway) so it makes it a bit difficult to see what's changed. The product does seem to be a bit rushed to market. I think they wanted to get it out quick before the FS2020 tech test goes live and everyone stops spending on legacy sims.

I skipped the NGX in P3D as I didn't think the price warranted the content that was being supplied back then, but for $99 now for quite a lot of improvements and money off in 2020, it felt like the right time for me to get back into Boeings in P3D4. For me it was worth it, I probably wouldn't feel the same if I bought the previous P3D version though. Oops sorry for the OT.

Cheers, Andy.

Will go for it, but it's currently not possible.

Hope you have a bit of patience, guys

• Like 3

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No worries at all, the plane has only been out for a day, I'm sure there will be an update for the NGXu before too long also, which may change things again.

Cheers, Andy.

Oops, I've just realised I forgot to add

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

to the 737NGXu_Options.ini. I'll test again now.

Edited by Andydigital
  • Like 1

Cheers, Andy.

Ok, I'm on it 😋

Give me a few days ... several variables need to be changed.

• Like 4

Guenter Steiner

Hdg and Spd works for me to. (VRInsight MCP 2).

One thing not working now for me is AT-arm function.  But can (momentarily) overcome through the key-presses within the CDU.

edit: there may be more functions not working at this point, still not thoroughly tested ...

@ Guenter: Thanks man 👍

Edited by Headley

Go, get it 😉

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner

2 minutes ago, Andydigital said:

Thanks very much, will download it shortly.

The "always online man"  😋🤣😉

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner

I may be missing something but the module does not work for me.  Sorry, a couple of things do work but not the complete

suite.  Am I supposed to disable something or otherwise make a change?  I'm running W10 and P3D v4.5.  Thanks!

Phil

Phil Stephens

i7 9700 3.00GHz | 16GB DDR4 | NVIDEA GTX1600 Ti  6GB | Win 10 x64

No it’s not just you Phil there are a lot of problems I’m having with it as well . Even simple stuff like Autothrottle toggle doesn’t work on my FCU panel. Another example is the strobe steady switch, it won’t go to the off position, and then Linda becomes unresponsive for a while then suddenly triggers all at once all the commands that failed to fire.

Cheers, Andy.