Sign in to follow this  
yvesamuel

UTLive V2

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

@fluffyflops how does this real traffic handle ground operations and ATC? Or is it simply filling the skies, silent but accurate?

This is the only little thing that makes me hesitate going for a "real" traffic addon based on current ADS-B data. 

There is a 5 min delay thats one draw back, I'd rather have 5 minute old traffic than 5 months or 2 years (with ut2) 

You won't find any monarchs, Thomas cooks, bmis or primeras flying around. 

You need a good ai pack though to go with it 

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

It is... for watchers... But not for being a pilot.
[...]
But that is my personal opinion, of course, some might put the focus elsewhere...

My personal opinion is that it was great when I used it (before price plan changes). What impressed me as a pilot and made it immersive was seeing airliners stacked in a hold and also seeing aircraft ahead of me on the Canarsie approach at KJFK.

What really made the experience impressive was listening in to LiveATC and hearing the traffic directed all around me.

Not as simple to set up as the ridiculously easy AIM-OCI from AIG, but not difficult either.

I really tried to be patient with UTLive...

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

With ADS-B, there should be no delay at all. The major problem I have with the live traffic is that there are still far too many areas around the world with limited coverage as well as ground coverage. The idea of well spaced real world arrivals and routes is very cool, but FR (or whatever source) data is still pretty commonly iffy and the ground movements are still too sketchy for my use. It may work well at some places, but I want my airports well stocked with aircraft in the right places.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

With ADS-B, there should be no delay at all. The major problem I have with the live traffic is that there are still far too many areas around the world with limited coverage as well as ground coverage. The idea of well spaced real world arrivals and routes is very cool, but FR (or whatever source) data is still pretty commonly iffy and the ground movements are still too sketchy for my use. It may work well at some places, but I want my airports well stocked with aircraft in the right places.

I think what happens if you use lorbys tool is once the aircraft lands it then uses lorby which treats it as an ai traffic as normal and sends it to the gate using the correct afcad airline code assignment. The same with bgl or ut2 Injected traffic. 

I have to say so long as the afcad is correct and youve imported the runways. Csv file correctly into the lorby app the 2 programs work fantastic together. 

I find it Amazing across the pond for example you will see other a/c and your ai twin all around you (if you are using the real world flightplan) and if you look at FR24 you will be it perfectly accurate. 

Only issue is if you won't have a paint / ai model it spawns something else and some callsigns it gets a bit confused with, but this is easily changed in the lorby app so it remembers it next time. 

In the summer I was flying around Greece and Turkey abit I was amazed at the airlines spawning that never heard of. 

For me I love the live traffic aspect I'd never go back to old style so but that's just me., but you need a huge ai library.  I think I've got 3500 paints or something silly like that. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

There is no delay using Nico's PSXTseecon app.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

15 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

I think I've got 3500 paints or something silly like that. 

I am up to 6900 so far. I use AIG, FAIB, FSP. I have not tried Lorby's app, wondering how it compares to the taxing with Nico's app.  Might give it a whirl.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

It is... for watchers... But not for being a pilot. Or do you find it immersive, when you sit on a gate for a flight into whatever destination and then you have to taxi to the runway and takeoff completely on your own just because the ATC you use is not aware about AI traffic and vice versa? Not for me, I then prefer not so realistic flights with a not so realistic ATC that at least knows I am there and other AI planes are around. But that is my personal opinion, of course, some might put the focus elsewhere...

I can use both if I wish, using AIG but not at the same time of course, It is so easy to enable one and disable the other. As you said, it's not for everyone.

Depends what type of flying I am going to do. Using live traffic approaching the Irish coast on the morning peak from the USA, listening to Shannon CTR on Live ATC, now that is immersive!!

• Like 1