Sign in to follow this  
Kimp1lot

Random delay pin disconnect

Hello,

So far, when you tell to the ground crew to disconnect, the pin is instantly disconnected. There is no random delay.

Is it intended ? I guess they're pretty quick IRL to remove it but they'll surely take at least few secs ?

The pin is already disconnected at this point. They are clear to disconnect the headset.

The pin gets removed when you reset the parking brake.

Hey,

On 11/9/2019 at 4:45 AM, Kimp1lot said:

Hello,

So far, when you tell to the ground crew to disconnect, the pin is instantly disconnected. There is no random delay.

Is it intended ? I guess they're pretty quick IRL to remove it but they'll surely take at least few secs ?

Initiallly it was intented for be a fast pushback procedure, because it varies in each country. However, there are some places were the ground crew waits for the engine startup finishes after pushing back prior to disconnecting the pin then the towbar. I don't know if the ramp agent asks the crew when they finish engine startup, which this delays the disconnect procedure.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

Hey,

Initiallly it was intented for be a fast pushback procedure, because it varies in each country. However, there are some places were the ground crew waits for the engine startup finishes after pushing back prior to disconnecting the pin then the towbar. I don't know if the ramp agent asks the crew when they finish engine startup, which this delays the disconnect procedure.

Cheers,

Manuel

I understand, it's not really about the procedure itself, it's just that when I say "parking brake" set, less than 1 sec after the pin is removed, feels very robotic and not human. I would assume that it would at least take randomly few secs for the reaction time ?

Aaaah I now understand, you mean the respond itself of the ramp agent, so it doesnt response inmedialy....so its random seconds....right?...so this would apply not just for that disconnect but to all other steps in the procedure?

spacer.png

Yes exactly ! It could apply for all other steps in the procedure but I didn't notice anything with the other steps, seems fair.

I only noticed the pin disconnect because, flying the A320, we have an ECAM message to testify that the pin is inserted. It disappears instantly after saying "brakes set" 😛