Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

PMDG NG3 for the MSFS2020 will cost $139.99

22 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I agree 100% with @Max50 when he says that with this kind of thinking, MSFS should cost $2,200.95 for their time on building the sim and the quality they provide. It should even cost much more.

That is common sense.

Debatable. A ballpark estimate of a 120 MUSD budget is a fair guess as is 2 millions copies sold in the first two years. That means a cost per unit sold of 60 dollars. Wild guesses of course but not unreasonable.

And common sense, as beauty, is in the eye of the beholder 😉.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

A DCS F16 or F18 has probably more depth than a pmdg AC and also thousand of Man hours invested during development. Still it costs only 60—70€. 

737 140$. Addon for 700/600 will cost 70$

777 150$. Addon for 300 will cost 80$

747 160$. Addon for 800 will cost 100$

so only 700$ to bring pmdg to FS2020 🙂

I say no thx. I will happily fly an Aerosoft Airbus for 59€ and Look around what else comes available. And that is not cos I dont have the money. I have spent ridiculous amount of 4K on Star Citizen. Its about who do I want to give My money. PMDG with their constant greed and lies defintely not.

• Upvote 4

Lukas Dalton

19 minutes ago, domkle said:

And common sense, as beauty, is in the eye of the beholder 😉.

I agree.

For example, when I heared XEnviro 1.10 (first volumetric clouds addon) costs more than XPlane, first I was shocked but then I bought it, even if it was an unfinished product because that was the future, a clear step forward in terms of technology.

It's interesting that people have such polarized views, but that also makes it a pointless exercise in discussion.

With that in mind, I'm off to get my $99 worth of play time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Whenever PMDG leaked development of a new plane there would be hundreds of posts such as the following

1. I will pay whatever it costs

2. I will gladly pay $300

3. I will sell a kidney if I have to

4. I will sell my first born

6 I will rob a bank 

etc etc etc

Well  Pmdg got the hint

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

ZORAN

30 minutes ago, b737800 said:

It's interesting that people have such polarized views, but that also makes it a pointless exercise in discussion

You know what ? It reminds me, in some ways, of some Marcel Pagnol’s movies. He was a French writer in the 30’s/40’s and also made movies from his delightful books about the common folks in Provence and Marseilles. That the kind of loud discussion we could have around some anised liquor (un pastis) in a bar on the Vieux Port of Marseilles 😁  !

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I still have my PMDG 737 for FS9 & FSX on disc. There was a time when all these addons were tangible. Today, that isn't the norm.

It reminds me of the time (the 80s) when I had to ride the NYC subway for an hour just to buy some cheap records at $2.88, but at least the consumer had a keepsake. Today, all we are doing is renting a license to use the software without the cost for devs to release a DVD & case.

What we need at the top of this thread is another poll. How many of you would buy the PMDG 737 for MFSF2020 if it were half the price? Maybe those few who have money to burn can buy two copies and give one them an enthusiastic simmer. As for this idea that more people will require tech support, this is an AVSIM  poll and my response is that we don't need any. 😁

Edited by DJJose
  • Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

without the cost for devs to release a DVD & case.

What we need at the top of this thread is another poll.  

Maintening a secure server and bandwidth are not free to say the least

A poll ? Heaven forbid that we have another circus of that kind  😱  :laugh:!

• Like 1

Dominique

18 hours ago, ark said:

It's really quite simple, PMDG is a business, and they price their products at what they think the market can bear, just like any other business. If we think the price of something is too high, we don't buy it. That's now the market works, at least in the US.  If the price is too high, the market will adjust. Given how many 1000s of manhours it probably takes to develop something like a complex study level a/c simulation (at maybe an average of $30/hr perhaps -- wild guess), I don't find the price unreasonable, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to buy it at that price. We each have to decide what it is worth to us. I get the impression that some see developers like PMDG as some sort of flight sim charity.

Anyone price a SINGLE round of golf at a good public golf course lately?

Al

The problem is that PMDG have a monopoly within the FS world. No one except I-Fly ever developed high fidelity add-on reprentations of these aircraft. And the 737 being one of the most flown aircraft in the world is not to be missed by many simmers.

So what choice do they have? It's either buy or don't buy. There is no alternative to go to another developer who offers the same aircraft for a more reasonable price.

Edited by Farlis

17 hours ago, Avidean said:

That's an Oxymoron😛

Your politics are showing..................

ngxu_banner.png

13 minutes ago, Farlis said:

The problem is that PMDG have a monopoly within the FS world. No one except I-Fly ever developed high fidelity add-on reprentations of these aircraft. And the 737 being one of the most flown aircraft in the world is not to be missed by many simmers.

So what choice do they have? It's either buy or don't buy. There is no alternative to go to another developer who offers the same aircraft for a more reasonable price.

Until we know how well the NEO of the trailer is modeled and designed. That could be new standard for 3rd party models.

Also we don’t know which airliners will come as default aircrafts. 

Edited by aleex

8 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

It's great value for me ... $100 ... that's 4 movies without popcorn or 2 movies with popcorn ... average movie is 2 hours long ... so 8 hours vs. what will likely be several hundred hours of enjoyment in the NGXu ... seems like a relative bargain to me with a high value to enjoyment ratio.

Cheers, Rob.

What? A movie ticket is $25 in Oregon? That is insane. For $100 I can go see 7 movies. 6 of them without popcorn and the 7th even with popcorn. 😉

12 minutes ago, Farlis said:

A monopoly only exists when there are barriers to entry preventing competitors bringing their products to market.  Nobody is stopping anybody from developing their own 737 are they?

Now what IS tending to a monopoly is the Steam type model where products can ONLY be brought to market through that channel.

• Upvote 1

ngxu_banner.png

1 minute ago, aleex said:

Also we don’t know which airliners will come as default aircrafts. 

But default aircrafts are no comparable match for high fidelity add-on aircraft. Remember the FS9 737 and 747? Those were a joke. A shadowed image of how the real thing behaves and flies.

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

But default aircrafts are no comparable match for high fidelity add-on aircraft. Remember the FS9 737 and 747? Those were a joke. A shadowed image of how the real thing behaves and flies.

Yeah. But those were other times. I mean, I don’t think most of the community needs a recreation of 100% of the systems. What XP did with the 737 + a decent FMC (vref speeds for example) could be a nice comparison. And with all the effort MS has put in this sim, I don’t think they are going to step back in this area.

But as I said. We don’t know yet. Let’s see what we see in the cockpits DS.