Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

PMDG NG3 for the MSFS2020 will cost $139.99

I haven't yet had the pleasure to have a PMDG product in my hangar yet.  But from all the reviews, their documentation and attention to detail, it really sets them apart from many.  If heavies were my cup of tea, I would probably pay what they're asking.  I've wasted a heck of a lot more than $139 on other 'things' I've purchased in my life.  If it fills the gap for ya, the dole out the cash.  I can think of other hobbies I've had that cost way more and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much - golf is one such hobby I was an utter failure at, but I did it more for my friends and colleagues, but my heart was never in it and I still spent on it.  Anyways, I just wanted to add to this long thread that's going nowhere fast...lol

PS - The rig in my signature line below runs FS2020, although not everything on Ultra, but high enough to enjoy it.  In case you were wondering.

Edited by SmokeDiddy
  • Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

...But as a buyer, you have all your right to buy exactly what you want. Just a pity that suppliers and manufacturers know exactly this when hunger takes over.

4 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

Well gl with that, i would never ever pay that kind of money for a plane, you can call it a simulator as much as you want, but it is only an xbox game.

Yes, it's completely ok, but it valid only for you. You have to understand, that many of users can and want use MSFS not as game, but as simulator and need so detailed aircraft, as is possible for it. And PMDG help with it. So you can call it as Xbox game as much as you want, but it can be and advanced simulator for those, who want it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

What spyware fiasco? Have missed that? Has that already been solved, or does the installer still comes with spyware? Or whatever fiasco you are talking about.

I apologize; It was malaware and not spyware.

That said, it's old history. The initial release of the FSLabs A320 added malware which collected passwords stored in Google Chrome and transmitted it to the company if the product was pirated. If you're interested, a quick google search brought up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMKAE3RP9Bo

This is no longer a problem, mind you, and I highly recommend FSLabs aircraft if you want the best Airbus for PC.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Double post

Edited by WestAir
Error

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

It may be marketed through X-Box gaming studios, but I can tell you there are many real world pilots who have obtained invaluable experience from the best a/c in the Microsoft FS platform like the PMDG aircraft, because it is quality that counts and you pay for quality when it is the best, especially learning and using MSFS as a simulator.

• Like 3

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

For everyone posting on here "omg PMDG is so overpriced" they have 20 or 30 paying customers who don't care what the price is as long as it has the PMDG label on it. And they'll continue paying that price no matter what.

Unless someone else makes a 737 addon of comparable depth at a cheaper price point to compete with them, that's what you're stuck with.

Me, I won't buy PMDG - I don't see a reason to reward that kind of pricing unless it drops to £80 or less. I'm realistic about the odds of the price dropping anytime soon and I'm cool with that. What I really hope is that someone adventurous creates a cheaper but still faithful 737 for MSFS2020 - like Aerosoft's product is, compared to the malware vendor.

• Like 2

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

43 minutes ago, lambourne said:

Unless someone else makes a 737 addon of comparable depth at a cheaper price point to compete with them, that's what you're stuck with.

Absolutely correct, let someone else come up with an equivalent product and sell if for 1/2 of PMDG price and he/she will be a hero of this forum. Any volunteers?

Any other arguments about 'fair' pricing are nonsensical.

Edited by michal

1 hour ago, Chock said:

It's perhaps a little more accurate to say that Lefteris took his philosophy with him, obviously, and PMDG's reputation continues to benefit from him having set that standard when he was there. The original aeroplanes which made PMDG's reputation (and won the awards) were largely down to his influence.

It's the blatant disregard for FPS that I resented. . .

I have a very stripped down version of the PMDG 777F - which is still fun to fly - on account of the audio files - 40% Stabilised To TOGA remains probably the best sound anyone ever heard in FSX/ P3D.

Rotate.

I payed attention in class, where is the surprise?

The pricing structure was announced when the NGXU was made available for P3dv4+ and  I now saved $40 bucks by purchasing for $100.00.  

Bob

1 hour ago, bernhardsen74 said:

Does it matter that they (PMDG) received a full license from the Boeing factory to make approximate simulations themselves?

Yeah, I'd take that 'officially licensed' stuff with a massive pinch of salt if I were you, because that's more about copyright than accuracy. Just so you know, this toy aeroplane pictured below is an officially licensed Boeing product too:

07f120a31d473911252ce78175e59b87_502bead

This cute little 747 is currently on sale at the Boeing store incidentally, at the bargain price of 138.99 Dollars less than that PMDG 737, if you must have an officially licensed Boeing airliner to play with.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You do realize that this thread was started over 9 months ago and went 17 pages then - now we're up to 23 and nothing relatively new has been said. Boredom waiting for the 18th?

Vic

• Like 6

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

25 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

You do realize that this thread was started over 9 months ago and went 17 pages then - now we're up to 23 and nothing relatively new has been said. Boredom waiting for the 18th?

Vic

Yes indeed.

We're waiting. And very bored.

Has anyone got some sort of Time-Matter-Travel Device thing. . .

to the 18th?

• Like 2

On 11/10/2019 at 2:03 AM, rocketlaunch said:

To be fair, I spent more on dinner last night. It is all relative I guess. 

To be really fair, I don't eat out very much at all as eating out is becoming an expense for me I need to consider carefully as I face retirement.. This is another would like to have product that blurs the line between what is considered by customers a reasonable price, and what the developers say it is worth charging for.

In my case I opted out of this product line at P3D as the was no upgrade pricing and I resisted the ngxu.x upgrade offer as still outside my buy range as I am now familiar with their pricing strategies.

Of course those who consider this a must have, will pay their money.. Those who do not, will not buy it. My feelings, and the only reason I am commenting, is that by now the cost ratio to number of sales should be truly apparent for PMDG. This is their pricing model.  This is their price point buy in.. Users committed to their products will continue to pay, as updates and new offerings come out but I think they may find some new competitors in this field (ex Xplane 11) that may undercut their offerings at a lower price point buy in. This remains to be seen of course..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lambourne said:

For everyone posting on here "omg PMDG is so overpriced" they have 20 or 30 paying customers who don't care what the price is as long as it has the PMDG label on it. And they'll continue paying that price no matter what.

Me, I won't buy PMDG - I don't see a reason to reward that kind of pricing unless it drops to £80 or less. I'm realistic about the odds of the price dropping anytime soon and I'm cool with that. What I really hope is that someone adventurous creates a cheaper but still faithful 737 for MSFS2020 - like Aerosoft's product is, compared to the malware vendor.

To be fully honest,  I do not even want someone to make a 737 addon of comparable depth for less money.  (now, sure if someone does that I'll be pleased)  I would just like there to exist a viable middle market option.  Unfortunately the middle market addons get treated very very badly by the flight sim intelligentsia, so basically if PMDG makes a model, nobody else tries to make that same model because they know they will have forum poo thrown at them for daring to not be fully study level.  I have pmdg stuff, and will probably hold my nose again and buy the new one.  but I don't need most of what they are capable of.  Give me Aerosoft/QW level addons any day,  hopefully MSFS will create more demand for that tier.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2