Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

PMDG NG3 for the MSFS2020 will cost $139.99

29 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

PMDG don't want to welcome a new wave of casual simmer

Besides the fact there are good economic reasons for their high prices, I have always suspected as much. And I understand that. But then again I am an elitist 😏 😁.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

10 hours ago, eaim said:

Totally agree, if the devs claim that a new MSFS release is a completely new product, how would we truly know if they are telling us the truth or not?

Good question. Aircraft developers have to clearly specify whether the flight model is FSX legacy or based on the new architecture. That came to my mind when we saw pics of the Milviz 732 which has a FDE that I do not find very good in P3D. Adding PBR to an old carcass doesn’t make a FS20 product.  

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

As I bought the NGxU for 99$ during their promotion phase, I am eligible to buy the NG3 for 40$ which is more than ok as it brings the price for both planes to 70$ each, which is well worth it. 

But if this is their new price tag, I will most likely not go for a MSFS version of their 747 or 777. Not because I doubt the quality but I just find myself flying the 737 far more often than the other two and I am also not so happy with their explanation of license costs for P3D causing high prices and now they continue these prices on the "entertainment" market... 

Not that I would not valor their work or appreciate what they are doing... it just seems to be a bit off. A price tag of 89$ or 99$ would be more reasonable.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Eh. Depends on what they bring to the table. I suspect it won't be purely a "we're not reducing prices even though the license is entertainment again." The capabilities of MSFS are by all appearances going to blow P3D out of the water, which means PMDG can do a lot more stuff with their plane. But doing a lot more stuff means spending time doing a lot more stuff, which costs money. So keeping the price the same might well be justified. We'll have to see.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 8:46 PM, Chock said:

Fixed it for them:

Old version: 'new customers to NG3 will pay the full $139.99'

Corrected version: 'potential customers will see the price tag and decide not to pay $139.99'

Will PDMG release 787 and 757?

20 minutes ago, Billcoke said:

Will PDMG release 787 and 757?

Why are you asking me?

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

Why are you asking me?

Why are you hiding this information from us

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 minute ago, Slides said:

Why are you hiding this information from us

It's part of the agreement I signed on the day I joined the Illuminati, there were a few things they mentioned were off limits, mostly stuff about Lizards and UFOs. And like everyone else, I also had to swear I wouldn't tell people the Earth was really flat when I got my pilot's licence.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

It's part of the agreement I signed on the day I joined the Illuminati, there were a few things they mentioned were off limits, mostly stuff about Lizards and UFOs. And like everyone else, I also had to swear I wouldn't tell people the Earth was really flat when I got my pilot's licence.

Chock, that's it, I'm definitely telling The Rothschilds and we're changing the hand signals again!!  Plus you need to return your Chemtrails switch!!

imageedit_3_8861855477.jpg

Edited by carmined
  • Like 2

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Why are you asking me?

Chaps, Chock told me on the DL that PMDG will NOT be making either a 757 or 787 for the new sim. They’re focusing all of their development efforts  towards the NG3, which should be released some time during the 2028 financial year.

However, he did mention that Level-D simulations are making strong progress on their MSFS 757, watch this space for updates!

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I think everyone needs to remember wherever you are in the world and after the awful devastation Covid-19 has leashed on us all we are going full steam ahead into to the mother of all recessions ... call it a depression if you like ...

And as much as PMDG like to think they are top dogs there is no way I am spending 140 dollars on an aircraft during these very uncertain times!! 

For me it will be IFly every single time and I have no issues with waiting until it is released for FS2020 ... It’s a superb rendition of a 737 at a very reasonable price.

Batten down the hatches and watch your pennies gentleman ... Times are going to be very hard for quite sometime!!! 

• Upvote 1

If they don’t do a massive sale within the first few weeks I think they will have missed a huge trick imho. Just based on how much this game is being discussed, there will likely be a very large player base for this early on. A very small amount of those people would look at a $140 add on and not think it’s a joke. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2020 at 3:38 PM, Heavy Metal said:

As I bought the NGxU for 99$ during their promotion phase, I am eligible to buy the NG3 for 40$ which is more than ok as it brings the price for both planes to 70$ each, which is well worth it. 

But if this is their new price tag, I will most likely not go for a MSFS version of their 747 or 777. Not because I doubt the quality but I just find myself flying the 737 far more often than the other two and I am also not so happy with their explanation of license costs for P3D causing high prices and now they continue these prices on the "entertainment" market... 

Not that I would not valor their work or appreciate what they are doing... it just seems to be a bit off. A price tag of 89$ or 99$ would be more reasonable.

I usually fly short haul before going to bed, so 737 is my favorite plane too