I took the stunning Nemeth Sikorsky S-76 for a short hop around the beautifully picturesque new Tioman Island scenery by PILOT'S.

If you like tropical island scenery and a very challenging approach, this is a must have!

The weather was pretty gloomy on the way out to the offshore island heliport, cleared up though for the journey back. There was even a moving lizard on the tarmac when I returned!

Tioman is about 100 miles north of Singapore and is known for excellent scuba diving.

The airport is considered to have one of the most dangerous approaches in the world, due to often adverse tropical weather conditions and the approach not offering any go-around because of the high terrain surrounding the immediate vicinity of the runway.

I5x3d90.png

Ha9Tu9j.png

tCkG3w4.png

e0aolDM.png

KhimpNA.jpg

IIyKi3c.png

RI5lnlG.jpg

ElqP22T.png

QITnJMh.png

HqQ67DM.jpg

u87Q4NG.png

M8aFxfb.png

2xdhGbR.png

gjE5IFb.png

iI194GN.jpg

aGsPp0I.png

MHXoqBJ.png

m6sYffR.jpg

d33RJHP.png

Edited by jzimmermann
  • Like 4

Lovely series of images with this nice Heli! And, yes, the approach sure looks quite a challenge!

Great shots and a truly nice scenery. I can even spot the golf course. I have played there twice and to my utmost embarrassment I have to admit that on no other course I have lost so many golf balls, because the roughs are so thick. On the other hand, while trying to locate them, I have also never found so many balls that didn't belong to me 😊😊

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thanks for the comments!

Of course now I have to ask you Bernd, did you spot any local lizards lazing around that golf course?