Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Question about the AI and uncontrolled airports. (FS9)

Greetings all! I'm quite new to MSFS and to civil flight sims in general. Have been involved in various WWII and Korea sims for some time. Most recently Battle of Britain II Wings of Victory.Last night I was flying into an untowered airport when an AI King-Air decided to taxi into position for take-off right in front of me as I was on short final. (I did hear him announce his intentions to take off so I know I was on the right freq.) This was right after I had announced "on final". I guess my question is, is this a common occurence in FS9? or could it be because I was not as diligent as I could have been on my position reports? (I did miss the report on my turn to base.) The reason I ask is that I may not see this again for another month and a half or so. I did a search in the forum here but it seems that no matter what I enter into the seach function it gives me about a thousand threads, none of which have anything to do with my "problem".Thanks in advance for any help!Cheers............Todd "Smokin256" Connelly

without the tower to tell them to stop, I am pretty sure the AI just go along their merry way, whether right infront of your or not

Thanks Alex!I was afraid that might be the situation. Oh well, I'll just have to work around it. On a more positive note. It did happen again last night, but this time It was a Caravan waiting on the ramp. I was following another Caravan that landed just ahead of me. And even though the other Caravan had cleared the runway long before I touched down the one on the ramp still waited for me. So I guess there is hope yet.:)Cheers..........Smokin256

I bet you really missed those machineguns!!Often I just want to have a horn to honk-honk to them AI b..... or mow them down.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE

Johan_Dees wrote;

"I bet you really missed those machineguns!!"
Hehehe! Yeah, those six .303 machineguns would have come in really handy right about then! :)Somehow giving the AI pilot the ol' "up yours" on the way by just wasn't quite the same.Hey btw, I want to thank you for a tip you gave to someone else on flightsim.com. The tip about VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0. Using that tip made the virtual cockpit of the Flight1 C152 absolutely come alive! I liked the airplane before but the gauges seemed so muddy. Now they're as crisp and clear as I could posibly ask for! This is great! I had planned to register on flightsim.com so that I could thank you there for the tip. Now I can do it here! So thanks! :)Cheers............Smokin256

I dunno... In real life I've had a controller launch an aircraft in front of me while I was on short final. He told him to hurry! :) But it was pretty busy and I was floatin' on down in a 152 so there was a bit of time and I was maybe a half mile out I think?Were you able to land?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg