Sign in to follow this  
apollosmith

some questions about FSX

Guest jscharpf

Ok I've searched the forums and everyone is talking about FSX, but I'm just wondering, if I purchase FSX, should I delete FS9 from my hardrive (would save lots of space!)?Can I simply re-install programs such as FSUIPC, PSS Airbus, Flight1 ATR, RFPB 747, etc., etc....? Do I have to "upgrade" from FS9 or just install from a clean slate? What about other programs like FSNAV, FSCOMMANDER, FDC.. and on and on lol..?Sorry if this has been covered, but I'm just not sure.. should I delete FS9 and start over with FSX?Help!Jeff

You don't have to remove FS9. And there is not an upgrade option. I'd definitely recommend hanging on to FS9 for a while, especially if you like some add-ons that won't be FSX compatible or if you want to fly on VATSIM, etc.Many add-ons won't be fully compatible immediately (and some never will be). But you can manually move the ones that are compatible from FS9 to FSX. Until the add-ons are upgraded (some already are!), the installer is going to just find the FS9 directory and install there, so you might have to muck around and get all of the files moved over.