Sign in to follow this  
Guest drmweaver2

FS2004 AI Traffic level settings - missing?

Guest drmweaver2

Hello again all.After reading through a number of posts/threads here, it seems that I don't have a setting option that some of you seem to have... OR am I crazy?AI Traffic "level"... Supposedly, there is a slider under Options/Settings/ATC where you can increase or decrease the amount of general AI Traffic as you fly. I know there is such a setting in FSX, found it in the Demo quite easily.But I don't seem to have that menu option in FS4... Am I crazy? Am I missing something? Is there any way to get it back? Is there some entry in one of the configuration files which will "restore" this option for me?I DO have AI Traffic.. some... but I can't find the setting to adjust it. BTW, I have not installed any add-ons other than some freeware aiports which I think would affect this (some might have included AFCADS [though I'm still not quite sure what those are/how they affect things).Any assistance would be greatly appreciated... John

In FS during a flight - choose Options from the top menu, then Settings, then Traffic.Some explainations:Airline traffic is any aircraft with any entry in the atc_airline= line in aircraft.cfg fltsim.x section.Some default Cessna Caravan Amphibians are "airline traffic".General aviation is anything wihout an entry in the atc_airline= entry in the aircraft.cfg fltsim.x section.The Air Traffic Density slider does NOT control the percentage of AI traffic. It is a threshold. Each AI flight plan has a % number in the flight plan. Many people write AI flight plans so that every flight is active at 1%.If the AI slider is at 50% - and individual fight plan with 51% or higher in the header will not be initialized.That may be, but probably won't be, close to 50% of the AI traffic flight plans on your computer.

Guest drmweaver2

Thanks for the reply.I WAS looking in the wrong place! Doh!I also appreciate the slider explanation. It appears to work in a counter-intuitive fashion.I just went to Kai Tak in Hong Kong and have decent traffic there so something must be working right... I just need to learn this system and "mah po' old brainpan is gittin' kinda slow and full up, ya know?" :)Thanks again!