Sign in to follow this  
Ahhmad

PMDG 737NGXu or FSLabs A320-X?

Hey,

thats my situation:

-I want a high quality narrowbody Aircraft for p3d AND the announced MSFS from FSLabs or pmdg.

-I don't want to pay now 130€(140USD) for the p3d a320 and then again 115€ for the MSFS version, the 737 offer is perfect for my situation(im waiting on a fslabs offer for msfs)

-i want to Fly next to america also in Europa, (LHR, FRA, LIS, BCN). With the 737 I could fly only 1 of for me 6 available routes, with the a320 I could fly realistic from every airport i bought to every airport i bought.

-In america (IAD, BOS, MIA, SFO) i could fly with both aircrafts from every airport to every airport i bought.

Can someone tell me wich aircraft is generally better and then wich is better for my uses? 🙂

greetings

• Like 1

Not much help i know but in my situation where i don't have time to fly long haul these days and find im able to perform 1.5 - 2hr flights i find both of these superb aircraft a must for my virtual hanger. Both very different and unique in their own rights and its nice to switch between the two.

• Like 1

Chris Howard

These aircraft itrself it's so different, so hard to say.

IMO and many other Pilots/instroctors I met, 737 is "a big trainer", while A320 is the thing for "proper revenue flight"

If you havn't fly any "high quality narrowbody" yet, maybe pick the 737, or if you are really mascochist, try Fly the Maddog?

Before NGXu came out, I was considering F1's Kingair B200 or Mustang... so I kinda able to know your feeling....

I think if your looking for a credit For the next simulator as you mention in your post I would say go for the 737 as your sure to get a 99$ credit. However I hear nothing but great things on the FSL but it’s very possible you would have to pay full price for both versions should one be released for msfs 2020 (speculation of course that FSL will release something for msfs 2020, also speculation that you will have to pay full price). Both aircraft serve the same purpose.

I haven’t offered much help I know..but if your looking for a credit towards msfs then today there is only one option. BTW I don’t have either the ngxu or the FSL.

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thank you all very much. You helped me alot,

I think i will buy for yet the 737, and then the MSFS version of the FSLabs a320, I think that would be the best, ty for your help!

6 minutes ago, Ahhmad said:

Thank you all very much. You helped me alot,

I think i will buy for yet the 737, and then the MSFS version of the FSLabs a320, I think that would be the best, ty for your help!

Just an FYI,

I think for me personally if FSL were to offer a credit towards msfs2020 I would probably jump into the FSL before the 737.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

To be honest i would just look at what airline you usually fly. For example if in Europe and you like Raynair go for 737, if you like Easyjet your choice will be A320.

20 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

To be honest i would just look at what airline you usually fly. For example if in Europe and you like Raynair go for 737, if you like Easyjet your choice will be A320.

That’s the best advice, do what works for you as a simmer.

If you want quality and cost isn't an issue, the FSL A320 all day every day. The level of detail is unmatched. Cockpit, systems, sound (oh wow), detail, etc.. It's pretty amazing. The Maddog is also a great product, though the external sounds need an upgrade, imo. 

If you want a 737 get the NGXu.

Edited by Arklight1
  • Like 4

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Do you have an airbus or boeing preference?  I personally don't care all that much for airbus aircraft and happen to love the 737 series, but the FS Labs bus is sooooo amazingly awesome that I have flown it exclusively for most of the past few years.  I still think the FSlabs bus is the pinnacle of current simulation tech as far as realism and immersion goes, it's got everything out there beat. However I will probably fly the ngxu more now just because I personally really love the 737 series.  So I would say go with your preference, but either way both are great addons.  Here's my comparison below:

NGXu Pluses-

Visuals- PBR inside and out, and just better texturing overall, especially the external model.

Service based failures - I really like knowing that something might break in accordance with realistic random probability, and that things like hyd fluid and engine oil will be consumed and need to be checked.  

More models for the price - you get the -800, 900, 900er with all 3 wing configurations for less than the a320.

FS Labs Pluses- 

Sounds- The sound set is incredible, especially the way the engine sounds dynamically change with the density of the air, the ngxu tries to simulate this and it's not bad but it doesn't feel as authentic, I think they are "cheating" instead of modeling it the way fslabs does.

FDE- The ngxu flies great, but fslabs is on another level.  Fslabs bypasses the sim entirely for the fde, handles like it should at the edge of the envelope, and has the most realistic engine spool behavior of any other addon.  All of the parameters are spot on if you look at the details.

Rain, snow and icing- The rain effects are better than pmdg rainmaker, and the true icing simulation with its related aerodynamic/engine/visual effects are one of a kind.  

Performance- The FSLabs bus is a very demanding addon to run and was the worst performer out of any of the other study level sims, until the ngxu came out.  Its demanding to run, but not as demanding as the ngxu.  

Edited by Pilot53
  • Like 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Does the NGXu have visual icing effects? I didnt see it in the description. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

4 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

havent flown in snow yet, but im 99.9% sure it doesnt

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

18 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Definitely not. If it did, then you would hear PMDG going how this is the next best thing after sliced bread. And it probably would if it had actual and realistic effects.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Evros said:

Definitely not. If it did, then you would hear PMDG going how this is the next best thing after sliced bread. And it probably would if it had actual and realistic effects.

OK so I just checked and it doesn't simulate snow or ice or anything like that. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

FSL all the way. The NGXU, while a good deal if you plan on buying it for MSFS2020, is mostly a disappointment in my opinion, given that the sounds are barely improved over the NGX, the FMC functionality not been upgraded, engine spool time is still unrealistic, and ground steering is...very weird and oversensitive. Randazzo has a long explanation on the PMDG forums as to why this is, and that it's not their fault, etc, but the bottom line is that FSL figured it out years ago, and PMDG cannot. I expected more out of what has historically been a top-tier developer. Nevertheless, it's not a bad airplane if you like the 737, but the FSL A320 and Leonardo Maddog (if you wanna throw that in the mix as well) are a whole notch above the NGXU, in my opinion. 

Ben 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV