Sign in to follow this  
Ahhmad

PMDG 737NGXu or FSLabs A320-X?

15 hours ago, Ahhmad said:

I don't want to pay now 130€(140USD) for the p3d a320 and then again 115€ for the MSFS version, the 737 offer is perfect for my situation

So.... what is the question 😉
Also comparing a Boeing with an Bus is like apples and oranges.
Just pick the one which attracts you the most.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

4 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Also comparing a Boeing with an Bus is like apples and oranges.

... and will probably get you the Death Penalty in some communities...

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hello Ahhmad, 

I am sure you're confused enough with all the opinions above, I will add to your confusions a little bit more 😀, I am a guy who's in love with Boeing planes all the way, PMDG and FSL are the best developers on the market no doubt in my opinion, however, Leonardo Maddog is a strong match in all aspects with the ACARS options and others. I recently moved from FSX to P3D, I bought the NGX without hesitation as an essential plane in my hanger but I flew it once or twice in a year compared to 100 of flights or more with the Leonardo MD82,83,88, the problem was even within the FSX environment I wasn't flying NGX a lot I was enjoying the Maddog and FSL more, few weeks back I got the FSL A320-x and I tell the truth it's amazing especially with the new ATSU function, it feels like the real thing no doubt, I didn't get the NGXu yet, I am hesitating to do so because it would be my third time to buy this plane I keep asking myself is it worth it?......For the credit issue, well I am not a credit guy when MSFS is released in  a year or so and it works fine on my system and I am alive and kicking then I will see what I want to do. So it's FSL or Maddog that's my opinion.   

• Like 5

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

OP, I bought the NGXu yesterday. I own the FLS A320/A319 and the Maddog X from Leonardo as well.

After flying all 3, the ONLY reason I would recommend the NGXu is because you want a 737 and don't like/don't prefer Airbuses or MD-8X's. I honestly can't think of anything the NGXu does better than those two add-ons (except maybe the sound being better than the Maddog's externals sounds.........which you could buy the upgrade for and still be cheaper than the NGXu....so there's that..).

Imo, the FSL/Maddog are just better add-ons by a far margin with the NGXu being a distant 3rd. 

Best of luck in your decision 🙂

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

27 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

being a distant 3rd

By the way, have you tried Majestic Software Q400?
It would complement the absolute top trio for me. 😉

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rafal said:

By the way, have you tried Majestic Software Q400?
It would complement the absolute top trio for me. 😉

You know, you're right! I was listing jets. The Q400 I would definitely put with the FSL/Maddog. 🙂 I love it

• Like 2

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

FSL A320 still get the vote for me. While I enjoy the new NGXu, the leap from the original NGX is not big enough to steal the crown from FSL. 

(the Q400 is starting to show its age, no dynamic lights, no PBR and still has that nasty habit of cutting corners in LNAV mode in terminal airspace)

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

15 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

FSL A320 still get the vote for me. While I enjoy the new NGXu, the leap from the original NGX is not big enough to steal the crown from FSL. 

(the Q400 is starting to show its age, no dynamic lights, no PBR and still has that nasty habit of cutting corners in LNAV mode in terminal airspace)

Now imagine if the Q400 had the same/similar issues after you bought it 4 times. lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Ark

To the OP, if you haven't made a decision yet...

Threads like these are always a little difficult because there are so many things to think. In the end, the central question is: Would you rather have a 737 or an A320? IF you can figure this question out, you will have your answer.

Now, you do say one more: you are acutely concerned about the move to MSFS2020. This means that your best bet is the NGXu given that you will get a 100$ off the NG3 if you buy the NGXu base pack before December 31st 2019. However, the obvious caveat is that this is only attractive if you want to have the NG3. If you would rather have an Airbus, than perhaps it would be better to go with the FSL now, enjoy your time with it in P3Dv4, and buy the MSFS2020 version whenever it may be released for it.

Your question was with regards to the NGXu or the FSL A320, and so I'm not sure there is much of  apoint to raise other addons, but I'll add that I garee with those that recommend the Maddog. I honestly don't see why it doesn't get as much mention as the PMDG birds. I suppose it's because it's a rarer plane to see flying these days, because other than that, the Maddog is definitely in no way inferior to the NGXu! Both on the level of systems as well modeling and texturing, I think they are essentially on par. Indeed, Leonardo was one of the first to introduce a slew of the features that have now finally made it to the NGXu, including PBR and dynamic lighting. The Maddog is a very rewarding aircraft to fly that handles great in the air, but I'll add that I do not find it a relaxing plan to fly. Perhaps it's because I'm still something of a novice with it, but I'm always on my toes, waiting to save myself from self-inflicted drama! In large part because it's a much more manual plane. The overhead panel can be a litle intimidating... But then when you land and pull up at the gate, you will have a wonderful sense of accomplishment (and relief!).

So yeah. Like I said, it really comes down to whether you want a 737 or A320. Figure that out, and then buy the addon that fits. I don't think you should be too concerned with the financial aspect. It doesn't seem like MSFS2020 is exactly around the corner, so buy whatever model you wish to have now, use it for at least the next year, and then see what will happen in terms of updates to MSFS2020.

• Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

For me the list that I recommend is:

1 - FSLabs A320 X

2 - Fly the Maddog X MD-82

3 - Majestic Software MJC8 Q400

4 - PMDG 737 NGXu

The level of realism in the aircraft are remarkable. Enjoy your flight.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

On 11/10/2019 at 3:30 PM, Arklight1 said:

If you want quality and cost isn't an issue, the FSL A320 all day every day. The level of detail is unmatched. Cockpit, systems, sound (oh wow), detail, etc.. It's pretty amazing. The Maddog is also a great product, though the external sounds need an upgrade, imo. 

If you want a 737 get the NGXu.

I’ve looked at a ton of photos and videos and the VC of FSL A320 looks really flat (2D), no dynamic shadows and low Rez textured compared to the new NGXu...

Is this how it really appears in sim?

Chris Camp

2 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I’ve looked at a ton of photos and videos and the VC of FSL A320 looks really flat (2D)

I love the FSL Bus; it's still my favorite airplane to fly, even after the release of the NGXu. But this is one aspect I'd like to see FSL improve on. Like you, I often feel that there's a sense of depth missing. It's better under certain light conditions, but in general it does seem a bit flat to me. PMDG airplanes look better to me in this sense.

Strictly my opinion (and maybe a product of my display/settings). Others may experience it differently.

Walter Meier

FSL A319-A320 plays in a higher division. I like PMDG B748 but it is an nearly retiree A/C. I will not invest in the new B737. Waiting for FSL A321.

Edited by Wennerholm
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I’ve looked at a ton of photos and videos and the VC of FSL A320 looks really flat (2D), no dynamic shadows and low Rez textured compared to the new NGXu...

Maybe an subjective impression because the Airbus cockpit is much "cleaner" than a cramped 737 cockpit with its yokes, huge thrustlevers etc. Just imagine the time between 737 and A320 development!

One of the main reasons i choose to build an 737 homepit because of its old-fashioned look and feel compared to the somehow "aseptic" look of airbus cockpits. Yeah, and the blueish color 😉

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 11/12/2019 at 4:56 PM, Kilo60 said:

An Airbus and a Boeing's in concerns to the cockpit they're different and feels different as well, I have seen both in real life, with an Airbus it's more clean futuristic look with spaceship type of industrial/metallic textures, with a Boeing excluding the 787 it has more classic rough or aged textures to it, so what you get in FSL is perfect to me. The FSL if you like, there's other things that you might dislike such as the impact on performance and the way the start a flight option work, then lots of external modules loads automatically, but the degree of realizme is substantial and more than anything produces by PMDG so far. On the scale,the Maddog is closer to FSL than PMDG.

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5