737NGXu_Options.ini is the correct name.

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

Unfortunately the copilot does not understand the CDU pages any longer, nor many of the switches, including start switches, probe heat, etc.  The copilot CDU is being accessed and modified rather vigorously.

Dave Wadsworth

1 minute ago, DWadsworth said:

Unfortunately the copilot does not understand the CDU pages any longer, nor many of the switches, including start switches, probe heat, etc.  The copilot CDU is being accessed and modified rather vigorously.

The CDU activity on start-up is usually to set chocks.

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript> button.

Do you see any pre-made flows for this NGX variant?

Which MCE version are you on?

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

The CDU activity on start-up is usually to set chocks.

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript> button.

Do you see any pre-made flows for this NGX variant?

Which MCE version are you on?

MCE Version 2.8.06.

MCE states: Copilot Iistening on: Boeing B738.  This does not seem right to me.  Ir seems to have found my scripts. The voxscript button shows my NGX scripts, but I am unsure which folder is being read, since I copied them into several folders.

MCE is having problems with multiposition knobs and with the CDU.  Note that NGXu has 4 pages of Ground Services selections now.

Here is an example of the problem:

Running the following script:

[OPTIONS]
Suspend=0
Verbose=0
RequireConfirmation=0

[REPLIES]
Reply1=power up with apu procedure

[COMPLETED]
Completed1=out side check completed

[SCRIPT]
battery on                                                   COMPLETED OK
standby power auto                                    WAS ALREADY ON
ac meter set to apu generator                   SWITCH IN TEST POSITION AND RETURNS HERE 
test fire detection                                       COMPLETE OK
pause=4
left aft fuel pump on                                   FAILED
test wheel well fire                                     ENGINE FIRE SYSTEMS TESTED
pause=4
start apu                                                    COMPLETED OK
Pause=55
connect apu generators                            FAILED
position light steady                                  COMPLETED OK
Pause=5
parking brake on                                      WAS ALREADY ON
Pause=30
Notify=going out for the out side check
Pause=120
Pause=120

I cannot set the AC meter to APU - it returns to TEST on attempts to change.

Engine start leaves the engine start switches in GROUND and they can not be changed. At pushback, the co-pilot CDU started to be very active with many buttons being pushed for over a minute and anomalies occurred with the cabin door, chocks, and other events.

In summary, many switches were not configured, and rotary switches were not operational.

These issues are reproducible.

Thank you for your assistance and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Regards, Dave

Edited by DWadsworth

Dave Wadsworth

So I can confirm the Fuel Pump switches are not working and the Landing Light switches working so half/half the left 2 are just toggled the half way!
I think the NGXu has more changes as we like, in regard of MCE

Bruno

Edited by bakerman
phrase

Bruno 

46 minutes ago, bakerman said:

So I can confirm the Fuel Pump switches are not working and the Landing Light switches working so half/half the left 2 are just toggled the half way!
I think the NGXu has more changes as we like, in regard of MCE

Bruno

Can you contact support via e-mail?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, DWadsworth said:

MCE Version 2.8.06.

MCE states: Copilot Iistening on: Boeing B738.  This does not seem right to me.  Ir seems to have found my scripts. The voxscript button shows my NGX scripts, but I am unsure which folder is being read, since I copied them into several folders.

MCE is having problems with multiposition knobs and with the CDU.  Note that NGXu has 4 pages of Ground Services selections now.

That explains the CDU clicking mess.

PMDG doesn't provide access to CDU lines status. Only provides access to select data like Vspeeds, transition alt, flaps setting.

To select ground services and chocks Fo doesn't really need to read what's in there. If the pages layout is known in advance, he can just assume when he selects LSK3 on a known page, this other page will appear. Obviously, if they added some new page that wasn't factored in, it may break.

By default, the flows are the same. It's then up to you to customize them to a specific variant or even to ANY real world Standard Operating Procedures.

I mean keep the items FO will handle, and do the others yourself (remove FO actions from flow) if your airline says so. So that there is no arguing about who does what and you know exactly what FO is going to handle or not.

No worries though. Whatever needs to be sorted, will be, even though we aren't going to introduce a new MCEu product 😛

5 minutes ago, FS++ said:

No worries though. Whatever needs to be sorted, will be, even though we aren't going to introduce a new MCEu product 

Thats why I love MCE Gerald - what you've created is amazing, and the free updates for new aircraft releases show how committed you are to the flightisim community.

I'll say nothing of the 'other dev' who thinks his product is worth $50 a time...

• Upvote 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

22 hours ago, severniae said:

Thats why I love MCE Gerald - what you've created is amazing, and the free updates for new aircraft releases show how committed you are to the flightisim community.

I'll say nothing of the 'other dev' who thinks his product is worth $50 a time...

Thank you James.

Always good to see users notice the amount of work put into this massive package, with 43 complex aircraft supported, each requiring 3 months work on average, as most of them don't even have an SDK to work with. Modern PMDG planes (NGX, T7 and 747 QOTS) are the easiest ones. They literally give you source code to plug in so you can pretend you're working on it while you spend your time on packaging. Try interfacing PMDG MD-11 or CS L1011 Tristar. 😎

There are people out there who think because we don't create a multitude of packages, it's because it's generic and not detailed work on a specific plane.

Obviously, you know it's not the case. Many don't.

And yes, unless Microsoft charges us royalties or requires payment to use the SDK, we plan to extend support to MSFS 2020 at no cost to existing customers..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OK guys.

Please download this file, unzip and replace dll in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder
We'll take it from there

Bruno (Bakerman) is actively testing.

Should be fully integrated by the end of the week.

Stay tuned.

• Upvote 1