Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Just what am I getting ?????

Guest BPCATPL

Hi,when loading add-on's into FS2002/4 how can I tell just what I'm getting in terms of:flight dynamicssystems functionality (e.g. FMC/autopilot etc.)pretty picturesIn other words how can I quickly tell whether I'm downloading a livery repaint or actually getting specific handling characteristics.The reason that I ask is that many download sources aren't always very clear just what is under the hood.I guess what I'm after is some advice as to how MSFS is structured and the ways in which various functionalities are spliced into the framework.Any reply doesn't have to be an exhaustive discussion - maybe just a link to some articles which already cover the subject would be good.Thanks in advance

It takes a little while to get the file structure down and there are always differences depending on the addon. When d/ling a file from AVSIM, they are pretty good about having it under a specific section. You can always click the ZIPDIVE tab and it will display what is in the zip file, usually including a read me and the structure.I always unzip outside of FS to a temp folder and move over from there, some files are zipped wrong and will screw up your FS install or overwrite files (big no no!!).keep in mind, some of this will change with FSX, but here is a good starting pointhttp://www.simviation.com/acinstall.htmRegards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/ambanner.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest BPCATPL

Michael,thanks very much for your prompt reply. You've answered my question completely.CheersBrendan