Sign in to follow this  
Guest 777LR

Any more FSX news?

Guest nels

Is this it then until the release? No more news, secrets or gossip? Its making this place seem quite boring compared to a few weeks back. Gosh, remember the days when we found out about the demo - place went crazy! Fond memories.I was hoping for one last scoop from Microsoft, some new fundemental change that hadn't been announced yet.It seems the ACES blogs have calmed down now too with thanks and victory speeches going out. Gone are the days where I'd visit them daily to check for updates.Can't wait for release date and have my new rig ready to rock. The forums will pick up too with first impressions which should be neat.For the moment, I'm not enjoying this lull :-(Nels

Guest 777LR

I think the ACES team needs a short break and rest. We all know the day FSX drops this forum will be filled with "why are my fps crappy?".

They just announced that it went gold! Also the blurries thing was just treated. This all happened in the last week. What do you expect to have, gobs of new info every day? :) We're a society that acts like it's starved of information--we have to have it all and have it right now. But that's not the case--we have more info than ever before about events due to the 'net.RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Navy_Chief

Well, they are probably taking a much needed vacation before they have to report back to work to get started on Flight Simulator 11!Bryan

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Who said they haven't already, but I didn't say anything! ;-)

Well - new to me is that online activation will be needed for FSx. Does anybody know if the CD will be required to run in the CD like FS2004 is?If the answer is yes - and this "feature" is not able to be gotten around, I think I will definitely give FSx a miss. Barry

Guest andyjohnston

Flight Sim 11? Heck with that. What are we going to see in FSXII?:)

>Well - new to me is that online activation will be needed for>FSx. Does anybody know if the CD will be required to run in>the CD like FS2004 is?>If the answer is yes - and this "feature" is not able to be>gotten around, I think I will definitely give FSx a miss. >>Barry>It's DVD only, and no, you won't need to have it in.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/ambanner.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

More news? My suggestion? Attend the next AVSIM conference and you will get all the news you can digest, and it will keep you going for months, or until the release itself is made. :)

Guest GrahamD

OK, forget the above activation question, I just found the other thread where this has been discussed to death.