Sign in to follow this  
Felix961

Landing: No GPWS Altitude Callouts

Hello everyone

So recently i noticed a problem and i don't really know where the problem ist, so i decided to search for help in this forum.

Sometimes (not always) i don't hear the GPWS Altitude callouts during landing with my Boeing 777 (PMDG). All the callouts form 2500-100 (incl. "Minimum") work just fine. Just the "50 40 30 20 10" callouts don't work.

It could be a problem on the 777 (as the other planes like fslabs seem to work fine regarding the callouts).
It also could be a scenery problem as it happens only at a few airports/runways (So far i noticed it in EDDP and EDDM).
It does not seem to be the addon scenery because it also happens without the scenery installed.
It also is not a problem in the pmdg setup because i always check for every livery if the callouts are enabled (and they are!)

Maybe it is worth mentioning that i have ORBX Base, Vector, LC Europe, Germany South/North, EU England.

I hope somebody has a clue about what's going on and can help me
Thanks in advance and best regards

Felix

Check the fmc or the OPS Centre  for the specific aircraft see if they are checked.

if they are and not working 

reinstall the bird , Problem solved. 

2 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Check the fmc or the OPS Centre  for the specific aircraft see if they are checked.

if they are and not working 

reinstall the bird , Problem solved. 

Hello

Thank you very much for your answer. I always check the FMC (and Ops Center) to see if the altitudes are checked. I also already did a complete reinstall of the PMDG 777.

Problem still exists. Any other clue ?

Maybe a issue with the scenery ? Would be strange because it works for the other birds but i am running out of ideas 😞

Best regards

Felix

Edited by Felix961
addidional Info

2 hours ago, Felix961 said:

Hello

Thank you very much for your answer. I always check the FMC (and Ops Center) to see if the altitudes are checked. I also already did a complete reinstall of the PMDG 777.

Problem still exists. Any other clue ?

Maybe a issue with the scenery ? Would be strange because it works for the other birds but i am running out of ideas 😞

Best regards

Felix

check your sound settings perhaps?

or I suggest you send a support ticket to pmdg.

mike

Even if the altitudes are checked I believe there’s also a separate option to enable callouts. Don’t quote me I don’t have access to check tho.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

11 hours ago, mikeymike said:

check your sound settings perhaps?

or I suggest you send a support ticket to pmdg.

mike

Sound settings are fine. yes i will maybe do that. Thanks

4 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

Even if the altitudes are checked I believe there’s also a separate option to enable callouts. Don’t quote me I don’t have access to check tho.

And where would that be ? you dont have access to check avsim or the sim ?