Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andy Parton

VFR Photographic Scenery for FSX

Guest Andy Parton

Looks like VFR Scenery is back with a vengance! Take a look at http://www.horizonsimulation.com. Check out the screenshots and the video which is awesome. I can't believe the detail that this is going to give. 1.2m textures with a matching 10m elevation mesh! Can't wait :(

Guest Andy Parton

Yeah, but Just flight have not release any real details of features, specifications or anything of any substance so far. I don't see how they could possibly improve upon horizons though.

HelloThe Horizon and Just Flight products are the same just different publishing deals

Guest Andy Parton

>>The Horizon and Just Flight products are the same just different publishing dealsLook again, they are *not*. If in doubt look at the Visual Flight forum. I honestly don't know where that perception/confusion ever came from.

Guest davidvoogd

Now if only someone would do a photoreal scenery for Southern Ontario, Canada (where Toronto is located). There is a great photoscenery for Toronto itself, but it just contains the city, I'd love to fly over the same area I fly IRL in photoscenery.

>Yeah, but Just flight have not release any real details of>features, specifications or anything of any substance so far.>I don't see how they could possibly improve upon horizons>though.They 'seem' to be using more up to date photographs, but, as you say, there are few details available.

Guest allcott

>Here is a link to the video. >>>http://www.horizonsimulation.com/shopuk/ht...Jump-Videos.htm>>It's very very impressive...I think Just Flight may have a>tough time beating this. >>Rhydian>www.cessnasim.blogspot.comMaybe they think they can, which is why they are? Competing products can only be good for the simmer. VFR Photo Scenery for FS2004 was state of the art when it was released, but the absence of night and seasonal textures and the rather strange colour hues meant it didn't last long on my computer. The absence of autogen didn't bother me at the time, but if I put it back on now, with all the enhancments and changes I've made to FS, it would. It just shows how things move on. And if Just Flight think they can improve on Horizon Simulations data sources, and use that to give even ore detail, perhaps with night and seasons, or at least contrast adjustment as has been shown to be possible by GE Pro, then I might be interested. Remember though, that the original promo videos for the first VFR Photo Scenert were also shot in the Welsh uplands, and while they look mighty impressive there, I'd be interested to see how well this technique works on flatter land - which is most of the UK, after all!It will also need to show better integration with other aftermarket products than previous versions, if I'm honest. Putting UK2000 airfields and airports on to the VFR Photo Scenery was awful, part of the reason I took the photo stuff off.Allcott

Incredible. I see that the whole technology is going for "where is my house", after that probably for "there is my front porch!" and after that "wow, there is my wife on the front window!" thing :D

Guest alex333

>Incredible. I see that the whole technology is going for>"where is my house", after that probably for "there is my>front porch!" and after that "wow, there is my wife on the>front window!" thing :DAnd after that "Who's that man next to my wife on the front porch" :DAnyway, GERMANY VFR is also in the pipeline:http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=8861They say it's still a work in progress, but as I live just around the corner where those screenshots have been taken, I can reassure you that the landscape looks just like that around here. Seems there's some great add-ons coming our way!Greetings from GermanyAlex

Guest ditopilot

>Looks like VFR Scenery is back with a vengance! Take a look>at http://www.horizonsimulation.com. Check out the screenshots>and the video which is awesome. I can't believe the detail>that this is going to give. 1.2m textures with a matching 10m>elevation mesh! >>Can't wait :(Where is the video? I couldn't find it.Sorry; I found the link.Thank you!dito

I like Aeirosofts approach.. They intelligently use the phtoscenery with autogens and cust buildings and bridges in the right places. Its so much better than a flat photoscenery without any autogens.I am looking forward to the German sceneries.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The video does look impressive but the words "Technology Demonstration" at the begining and "Modelling & Rendering" at the end make me thing FSX will not look the same way.I too fell for the original hype of the first VFR scenery and it was quickly removed after too many technical probs and the lack of night/season textures.Lets hope one of the 2 products deliveres this time around.RegardsDavid G