Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kiwi75

Is the dreadful seasonal CTD back????

Guest Kiwi75

Hi all,About a week ago I loaded FS9.1 for a routine Saturday afternoon flight and selected LIRF for a staring point. Press FLY NOW, see the loading bar moving and at 99% BANG, FS9 window disappears. No error messages, no nothing.I started playing around with add-ons. Uninstall, reinstall, remove duplicate AFCADS etc etc, but nothing changed. Then I started experimenting with different areas and there I saw the difference. Some airports were fine some others were causing a CTD. So i played with the seasons a bit and found that Fall and Winter cause a CTD.I changed MaskClassMap=3 and 1 to MaskClassMap=0 in the terrain.cfg file but nothing happened.I'm using FScene textures so this could be a suspect. Anyone experiencing the same problem? Your help will be appreciated.Thanks!

Guest boomer

Kostis:I am experiencing the same thing and I am using GE Pro with many other add-ons. It definitely is a "changing seasons" issue but not sure how to fix it.If I manually change back to "summer", problem goes away!! Anyone have any ideas??Roger Hollands

Guest ScottPilot

Be sure that you are using the latest versions of these programs. If you are using ultimate terrian, be sure you have the latest version.I had the same problems you are describing, and I fixed them by re-downloading these products from Flight1 to get the latest versions and now ther or NO CTD's related to seasonal changes any more.Scott :-)

Guest Kiwi75

I'm using mainly FScene texture and everything is up to date, so selecting summer will work temporarily :( It still puzzles me though cos last winter I didn't have these problems. Could it be related to AS6 cloud sets?

If you have UT Can/AK or UT USA, I recall from last year, a railroad file was causing seasonal CTD. They released a new one to fix it. I haven't had any problems this year.

Guest Kiwi75

No UT textures installed.I checked the event viewer for the times FS crashed and I get the following message:The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 6.The same event appears for all CTD's. Can anyone explain this?Thanks

Guest boomer

I just reinstalled both UT USA and UT Alaska and Canada and no more CTD. Thanks for the heads up.Roger Hollands

Guest Kiwi75

This is getting really frustrating. I can't even replicate the problem. I load the same aircraft, same scenery at the same date and time and sometimes I get a CTD, sometimes I don't.The most annoying thing is, that a full re-install of FS will require to install each addon and aircraft individually, if it's a matter of currupt files.

Guest boomer

Kostis:Try uninstalling and then re-installing UT Alaska and Canada and UT USA. After doing that, my CTD went away. I think the important factor here is to make sure you have the most current version of both so you may need to re-download both from Flight1. That is the procedure I followed and it seemed to work.Roger Hollands

Guest Kiwi75

Thanks Roger,I do not have any UT textures installed and never had. Right now I'm trying to make sense of this msg in the event viewer:The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 6....which doesn't say much really but I'm giving it a try. I'm just a click away from the dreadful "format d" command. :(