Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

Just Planes DVD - United 777-200

Guest AOA

HiIt`s a pretty good video but it only provides a general cockpit overview.Pete

Guest Maul

I like it a lot, however, I wish you could hear the ATC but that's my only gripe. Procedure and system wise, it's fantastic.Eric

ITVV makes SUPERIOR airplane videos... those "World Air Route" and "Just Planes" videos end up looking like a kids science fair project compared to the professionally done ITVV ones. Highly recommended. :)

Guest adameke777

The UAL 777-200 DVD shows more of an "inflight action." During the flight, the capt. goes over the cockpit (overhead, main panel, pedestal, ACARS demonstration).The Cathay 777 DVD by ITVV does not show a lot of inflight action. It was shot around the time that the 777's were first introduced into the fleets all over the world. This DVD, however, has a significant component recorded in the simulator. In the simulator part, the capt. goes over all the systems in a very detailed way (much more detailed compared to the UAL 777 DVD), as well as gives a demonstration of various fly-by-wire subsystems (TAC, stall and overspeed protection, bank angle protection).

Guest adameke777

>does it also go into landing techniques of the 777 ?The UAL 777 DVD shows two actual landings. If you closely follow the pilot's actions, you can always pick up some useful stuff. The other DVD (Cathay) shows one landing and one go-around real life. No landings are demonstrated in the simulator.

ok thx, that makes the decision harder on which to get, for most bang for your buck which video do you suggest?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I have many many cockpit Dvd's and the justplane United DVD is surely one of the best, if not the best.(i do not have the Itv 777)Only small gripe for me, as was already said, you don't hear ATC.Very good filming, good explanations about the systems and all the procedures from flight preparations to landing and ,as was already said also, if you follow well you can get many informations about flying and also landing techniques. Regards.Guy

Guest Mr Chips

I agree, ITVV is in completely another league! I just whish they did some of regionals as I'm keen so see the ITVV treatment for ATRs and ERJs.

Guest adameke777

>ok thx, that makes the decision harder on which to get, for>most bang for your buck which video do you suggest?if you want inflight action - UAL DVD (worldairroutes have couple more 777 DVD's like that too)if you want instructional material - Cathay DVD

thanks all i ordered the Cathay video, now it has to come all the way from the UK to Australia, got to be patient and wait for it.:-badteeth

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram