Sign in to follow this  
Fleahead

Lock The GTN750 Popout Window In RealSimGear Screen

To move and position the GTN750 popout window into the RSG bezel screen I "detach" the GTN750 window by checking the "Popout" option then dragging the window into the RSG screen. Then I can position and make the window full screen. However, the GTN750 window is still in a "detached" state and can be moved around when trying to drag anything on the RSG Touch Screen, like dragging around charts and maps. How can the GTN750 window be locked into so it stays put? If I un-check the "popout" option then the window immediately returns to the main screen.

Note, that the same scenario occurs with P3D. After I get the GTN750 into the bezel screen, I have found no way to lock the window.

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR

Hi,

I'm not sure what to tell you right now about XP11 until tomorrow.

Maybe someone else can tell how they are doing with RSG in the meantime?

However this doesn't sound too dissimilar from a recent discussion in our FltSim forum:

For P3D, I'd suggest you read the recommended posts in this discussion, then review the latest GTN v2.5.21 just released a few hours ago: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/534860-11nov19rxp-gtn-750650-touch-fltsim-v2521-released/

especially this:

• New: "usealtmouse" rendering section setting to use the simulator 'hand' cursor instead of RXP's (useful with undocked windows when running P3D4 in full screen).

NB: this is a setting you'll have to manually add in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file, in the 'rendering' section for the device ( like in [GTN_750_1.DEFAULT])

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

13 hours ago, Fleahead said:

Then I can position and make the window full screen. However, the GTN750 window is still in a "detached" state and can be moved around when trying to drag anything on the RSG Touch Screen

Update for XP11: I can't repro this.

When popping out the window, it transforms as a standard Windows window with a title bar and resize handles. However dragging the cursor on the GTN screen doesn't move the window at all. Only dragging the tittle bar does, like with any other Windows window.

You might want to share a video to show what exactly is happening on your system?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)