Sign in to follow this  
alternatelaw2

BAW OFP Format - Help Needed

I have decided that I would like to switch to the  BAW (cirrus) specific OFP format on simbrief to change things up a little. I was hoping that you could help me to decipher everything highlighted in yellow. For some context: LFOT is my C1 alternate for this test flight. When replying, reference the number above the image (not the OFP page number) and then the queried data. I have also attached the standard LIDO equivalent to help. I know what things like ATD are but have highlighted the whole line because the order of presentation is odd. I also suspect that PL is the passenger load (113 PAX * 100kg?)

As always, any help is appreciated.

1.thumb.JPG.22774a7d4a4c2b7fe000c0bf3bd9bf8e.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.98fef298c01f73bb83d83a8eaea67906.JPG

LIDO.pdf

Not familiar with LIDO or BAW FP but I'll take a stab at it:
52.1 ZFW (Revised ZFW after receiving final load sheet here) 0835 ATA (Actual Time of Arrival here) TNKS (Fuel remaining in tanks here)
57.0 TOW (Revised take off weight if ZFW revised here) 0725 ATD (Actual time of Departure here) USED (Fuel used here)
55.3 LAW (Landing Weight) 0110 TOT (Time on Target here) LEFT (Fuel remaining here)
11.3 PL (Revised payload here) HOLD W A (ATC Flight Plan Change) ACH FL (Flight level during hold)

TRIM (Stabilizer trim setting) MIN COST VAR SPD FP (Minimum Cost Variable Speed Flight Plan)

TUF/ LFOT (IATA/ICAO Alternate airport) FL230 (Flown at FL230) M18 (Wind component, tailwind in your case so -18) 192NM (Distance to planned alternate)
PLAN REM - Estimated fuel quantity at arrival
TOT RES - Total Reserve Fuel (Alternate + Reserves)
TTLT (Total Time) - Total flight time or 'block time'
TRM - Initial Magnetic Track when leaving waypoint
REQ - Estimated fuel on board over waypoint
TIM - Flying time from last waypoint

Hope this helps.

Edited by krazyk
  • Like 1

Hi there,

@krazyk has almost nailed it.

On the fuel data page (page 1) first:

0835 is the scheduled time of arrival with a space to enter the actual time of arrival (on blocks)

Similarly 0725 is the scheduled off-blocks time with space to enter the actual off-blocks time (UTC). It's in that order (STA above STD) to make it easier to do the sums!

0110 is the scheduled total block time with space to enter the actual block time.

PL - Planned Payload with space to enter the actual figure

HOLD W A - enter any time spent holding and 'ring' the reason (Weather or ATC).

TNKS - space to record the initial fuel (at the start of the flight)

LEFT - space to record fuel remaining at the end of the flight

USED - space to record fuel used (i.e. TNKS - LEFT)

ACH FL - Achieved Flight Level. The maximum flight level achieved during the flight if different to the planed level.

TRIM - Stabiliser trim setting

MIN COST VAR SPD - the parameters used for the calculation of the flight plan (minimum cost, variable speed -- in reality you might see things such as MIN FUEL, MIN DIST, LONG RANGE CRUISE, MAX ENDURANCE for the parameters, whereas speed can be planned at VAR SPEED (variable speed, i.e. Cost Index) or a fixed speed schedule such as SPEED 320/0.80, but I don't believe Simbrief simulates any of these parameters so you will always see MIN COST VAR SPD).

TUF/LFOT is the alternate airport in IATA and ICAO codes. FL230 is the height at which the diversion is planned. M18 is the average wind component used for the diversion calculation -- this is a headwind component of of 18 kt (M = headwind, P = tailwind).

PLAN REM - planned fuel remaining at touchdown. This is the sum of CONT + DIV + RES + ETOPS + EXTRA (in tonnes, rounded up). In all cases the only planned usage is TIF + TAXI.

TOT RES - total reserve fuel -- i.e. final reserve + diversion fuel (in tonnes, rounded up).

On the navlog page (page 2):

WAYPOINT COUNT 8 CWC 8 (NOT TOC/TOD) - this page lists 8 waypoints and the cumulative total so far of all pages in the flight plan (Cumulative Waypoint Count) is 8. This total does not include TOC/TOD (top of climb/top of descent) points. This is included as a means of checking that no data has been lost or garbled in the transmission of the flight plan.

MSA - Minimium Safe Altitude for the route leg (thousands of feet)

-VAR- Variable track (usually shown during SID/STAR legs -- the real Cirrus OFP truncates SID/STAR waypoints)

TIM - time in minutes from this waypoint to the next waypoint (consider 0 for calculation purposes if blank)

TTLT - total elapsed time to the waypoint from brake release on the takeoff roll

REQ - fuel required from that point to touchdown - in you example 1.7 tonnes from departure.

When you are filling out the plan to do fuel and waypoint checks you would enter the takeoff time  in the ATA column at a convenient moment after departure (I would suggest waiting until you are above FL100!). You then add the TIM figures to get ETAs at each waypoint (e.g. say you get airborne out of Heathrow at 0750Z - you would write 0750 in the ATA column for the HEATHROW waypoint, then add 0 (because there is no TIM figure underneath the HEATHROW entry) and write 50 in the ETA column for D257E, add 1 minute to that to give 51 as the ETA at D161I and so on until you have worked your way through the flight plan.

When you overfly a waypoint you can then record the ATA in the appropriate column to compare your progress to the OFP and the actual fuel remaining in the REM space. Subtract REQ from REM and that gives you your estimated fuel on arrival, which you can compare to the PLAN REM and TOT RES figures as well as the FMC prediction.

Here's an example.

image.png.62d904aca75b50a93fbe5b583db48baf.png

image.png.760079f35c871a47c10c4be4873234a1.png

Hope that helps!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, skelsey said:

this is a headwind component of of 18 kt (M = headwind, P = tailwind).

D'oh! What a silly mistake.
Thank you for correcting me and thank you for the exhaustive explanation of each item. Learned quite a few things from your response.

Edited by krazyk