Sign in to follow this  
enrico10999

New System with I9 9900 for P3DV4.5 in 4K ?

Hi 

I am using right now, a I7  K 6700 4Ghz, 16 GB RAM and a 2080 graphic card (the Graphic card was an update from last year) original was it a 970.and 2 SSDs 

I have an 43 Zoll LG 4K Monitor and I love to see the sharp cockpits inside the planes in 4K.

I locked the frame rate to 30 fps in the Nvidia inspector

Normally are the framrates at 29-30 fps , but sometimes the frame rate drops below 20 fps, specially with the NGXu stands on high detailed airports (Flightbeam etc).

I played around the last days with SIMstarterNG to deactivate the scenerys I don't need and it helps a bit. 

Sometimes it's hard to understand what is the week spot in your system: the hardware, the settings, the tweaks, the Add ons ???

So, I am thinking about a hardware upgrade to the  I9 9900 / new Mainboard / 32GB RAM.

How are your experiences with I9 9900 and with 32 GB? 

In the moment only 8500 - 9000 MB Ram are used, (16GB are displayed) are the others reserved for Win10 ?

Or is there a mistake in my settings? 

Thanks, if you would sharing your thoughts...

Erik

Edited by enrico10999

13 minutes ago, enrico10999 said:

So, I am thinking about a hardware upgrade to the  I9 9900 / new Mainboard / 32GB RAM.

I upgraded to i9900K/32GB when this chip was released about a year ago - and I love it. Nice and steady at 5 Ghz. Just don't expect miracles in terms of sim performance - every little bit helps, and I'd do it again, but gains from CPUs are always relatively modest in this setting.

Btw, I was coming from an overclocked 5200K, which in itself is a pretty good flight sim chip.  

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

You'll kill these forums if you do that.  What else will there be to talk about if there's no tweaking!  Apart from MSFS v P3D of course.

ngxu_banner.png

I just got the i7 9700K (upgrading from a 4790k) , was not sure the price difference is worth the i9...

I'm also not into overclocking....

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

1 hour ago, enrico10999 said:

Hi 

I am using right now, a I7  K 6700 4Ghz, 16 GB RAM and a 2080 graphic card (the Graphic card was an update from last year) original was it a 970.and 2 SSDs 

I have an 43 Zoll LG 4K Monitor and I love to see the sharp cockpits inside the planes in 4K.

I locked the frame rate to 30 fps in the Nvidia inspector

Normally are the framrates at 29-30 fps , but sometimes the frame rate drops below 20 fps, specially with the NGXu stands on high detailed airports (Flightbeam etc).

I played around the last days with SIMstarterNG to deactivate the scenerys I don't need and it helps a bit. 

Sometimes it's hard to understand what is the week spot in your system: the hardware, the settings, the tweaks, the Add ons ???

In the moment only 8500 - 9000 MB Ram are used, (16GB are displayed) are the others reserved for Win10 ?

Or is there a mistake in my settings? 

Thanks, if you would sharing your thoughts...

Erik

Upgrade in the spring from this year to a I9-9900KF (5.0 ghz) with a GTX 2080 and 32 gb and several M2 drives very happy here 🙂 Running A 2K 10bit monitor

(32GB is for P3D overkill, but using more then P3D 😲)

Edited by awf

André

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

FYI, I'm working on a product that will do all the performance tuning for you and conflict resolutions (and a bunch of other things to make the experience as simple as click and fly) for all platforms (XP, P3D, and whatever MSFS might bring to the table).

Cheers, Rob.

OMG!! YES! 

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

Thanks Rob, sounds great.....

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Rob,

Apologies in advance.

I cannot help myself, but I DEMAND to know just what is the exact time (Zulu of course) and date you will release this. 

I know this demand would probably not work with PMDG and the new MSFS but I just gotta try LOL

It all sounds great but in all humility, may I ask if you are contemplating freeware or payware?  I just know that it will be extremely popular with our flight simming group

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

9 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

9900K is a good CPU and a lot cheaper than the X series CPUs ... I think some OC guru on LN2 managed to get 7.6Ghz out of it (world record still goes to AMD 8730 at 8.7Ghz).

2080 should work well with 9900K just be sure to "balance" your graphics settings so that CPU core 0 and GPU loads is around 90% or less ... important to leave some headroom otherwise stutters will be more prolific.

16GB RAM is ok, but 32GM RAM is better (I've used 26-27GB RAM but I do some pretty extreme case testing).

FYI, I'm working on a product that will do all the performance tuning for you and conflict resolutions (and a bunch of other things to make the experience as simple as click and fly) for all platforms (XP, P3D, and whatever MSFS might bring to the table).

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, I am just gonna raise my hand if you need me to test your software on my system as a test 😜

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

20 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

9900K is a good CPU and a lot cheaper than the X series CPUs ... I think some OC guru on LN2 managed to get 7.6Ghz out of it (world record still goes to AMD 8730 at 8.7Ghz).

2080 should work well with 9900K just be sure to "balance" your graphics settings so that CPU core 0 and GPU loads is around 90% or less ... important to leave some headroom otherwise stutters will be more prolific.

16GB RAM is ok, but 32GM RAM is better (I've used 26-27GB RAM but I do some pretty extreme case testing).

Cheers, Rob.

Great idea! For me personally such a tool would be worth 15 Euro, like the Simstarter NG.

I am often overwhelmed with all the different factors, the settings in the simulator and
the scenery settings.

I just had the case today when I flew in the 737 NGXu from KSFO to KLAX and before KLAX the frame rate dropped to 12 fps. Later I found out that it was due to the ORBX North and South California settings.  When I deactivated all extras in the ORBX menu and got 24-25 fps.

Rob,

I am having trouble typing this because of the tears in my eyes at the thought of having all my trials and tribulations handled at the click of a button! 😪 I am one of those consummate multi software and hardware add on guys who never seems to get it right and spends more time trying to fix problems than simming. Add me to the list of volunteers to help beta test and first in line to buy your offering.

Rick

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, awf said:

Upgrade in the spring from this year to a I9-9900KF (5.0 ghz) with a GTX 2080 and 32 gb and several M2 drives very happy here 🙂 Running A 2K 10bit monitor

(32GB is for P3D overkill, but using more then P3D 😲)

Same here and wow! I recently upgraded for a i9 900KF, 32gb 4000Mhz CL17, a 2080ti and 2 M2 with a 1440p monitor and coming from a 1080p monitor and i7 7000 non K there is a big difference! No regrets my sim never been so smooth.