Sign in to follow this  
ICharger

I have an error

HI. 

I just updated to the latest version 2.6.1.0 and I get this error when loading.

Unable to initialize database. The underlying provider failed on open. Cannot open database.

Any ideas? I did just install the update over the top of the existing program .

Thanks.

Here are some things to check:

1) Be sure the update installed into the original folder.  Sometimes the installer tries to create a subfolder inside the original installation folder like c:\Pilot2ATC_2018_x64\Pilot2ATC_2018_x64\....  If this happened, delete the sub folder (second one) and run the installer again, being sure the correct install folder is selected.

2) Check to be sure all the database files are in the Data folder.  There should be 2 files ending in .mdf, P2ABaseData.mdf and P2ADynamicData.mdf.  You might also have a third one, but it is a one-time use Update file and will not contribute to this error.  Assuming you do have the 2 mdf files, try deleting their associated log files, as these may have gotten out of sync.  The log files are named P2ABaseData_log.ldf and P2ADynamicData_log.ldf.  After deleting them, try running the program.  They will get rebuilt by the database engine.

3) A few users have had this exact error message and it was being caused by Lavasoft ad-ware.  If so, you need to remove the Lavasoft ad-ware software from your PC and the problem should go away.  Here's an excerpt from a post that describes how to remove the software:

"I had the same problem. Lavasoft was also a reason. I checked in Program and Features if there is any Lavasoft program, and I was surprised to find application called WebCompanion of Lavasoft. I also found a running service LavasoftTcpService.

1. I stopped the service LavasoftTcpService (from services.msc)
  2. I uninstalled WebCompanion from Program and Features.
  3. Two above mentioned dlls (LavasoftTcpService.dll and LavasoftTcpService64.dll in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64) were still there. I changed their name, and a problem disappeared."

If none of these fixes works, make a screenshot of the error message and email it to me at admin@pilot2atc.com and I will work with you to resolve the database issue.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave. 

I had to uninstall P2Atc as I was missing the P2ABaseData_log.ldf . I had accidentally installed the whole program instead of the update.

I`m back on track now.

Regards,

Mark.