Sign in to follow this  
Guest archtx

FS2004 Aircraft And FS X ?

Guest machammer

Has anyone posted a list of FS2004 Aircraft that are compatible with the FS X demo?I would like to try some of my FS2004 Aircraft with the FS X demo.Also, how is the best way to move/install FS2004 Aircraft in FS X.Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

That would be one heck of a long list.A lot, meaning most aircraft should be compatible with very little altering.Complex aircraft may have some problems, is that what you are looking at?

Guest machammer

Brian,Thanks for your reply.PMDG 737 and 747Dreamfleet Baron 58Eaglesoft Citation XFeel there PIC 737The one's above are what I had in mind. Do you just copy their aircraft folder over or do you have to install.Thanks again to all who reply.Bill

Guest archtx

I have imported several FS9 aircraft with no problem. The only problem is if some of the gauges are not XML. I HAVE noticed a slightly different feel to the planes in FSX, but that may be a result of not having the joystick set up the same.

PMDG 737 and 747 - Not compatible - Per PMDG's answer.I've tried a couple different payware aircraft - and all have issues. Not related to FSX, but related to the way they install and check to make sure I'm legal and using their panels and gauges only on their aircraft.I get the same problem trying to copy the same aircraft to another copy of FS2004.There are going to be a LOT of panels for freeware, and payware, which have to be redone.Understand that making something work is not necessarily compatible.

Guest archtx

Pretty simple:Copy your aircraft's folder (i.e. Dreamfleet Baron, etc.) into the SimObjectsAirplanes folder.Copy the gauges into the FSX gauges folderYou may also need to copy some effects, etc over that are tied to that plane.I believe if you try to run install you might have problems, as some of the folder names and locations have changed from FS9 to FSX.

Did you specifically get the Dreamfleet Baron to work in FSX?It crashes my system, I copied over the plane folder, the gauges, the effects. Anything else I'm missing?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest player1

As stated many many Gauges do not work and some AC have strange window view settings that have to be altered.

Guest cwojackson

Eaglesoft has an FSX release of the Citation X (one of my favorites). They'll be providing 30% off coupons for people who own the FS2004 version.

So how did you get it to work? Did you install it to FSX, or were you able to copy the files over, or did you point to it from FSX?I'm having a license issue apparently, as I see an error 9510 show up in the FSX directory. It works fine in FS9.Hmm, on second thought, it does work fine in FS9, but it is still giving an error 9510 in FS9, too. Interesting. According to the forums that is a license error. Maybe I should install it again.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg