Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

Real Enviroment Pro................

>I've just tried to install REP to C:Program Files as>instructed, but at the end of the installation process I get>the error message 'Run time error 429: ActiveX component can't>create object'. The same error message comes up if I then try>and run the program by clicking on the REP icon. Any>suggestions? Nick here is what my programmer saidGenerally, an error like that comes from them missing some component required by the VB program. Unfortunately Microsoft makes their error messages cryptic. What you might advise the user to do is to download from Microsoft the VB6 service pack 6 runtime files and install them. My guess is he has them but something failed to be registered.I really hope this helps.Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Many thanks for the reply Tim. I'll have a go at downloading those files tomorrow when I'm at my FS PC. Will let you know how I get on.Thanks again buddy :-)

Hi Tim,I too would like to echo Blake's remarks. Very well done indeed! I've been feeling less than happy for a while with my current water textures in FS9. Many different variations have been tried over the past 3 years. Some have been better than others, but none has really hit the mark and made me feel I would get wet.Like most of us here, I'm looking forward eagerly to owning and installing FSX and I have every intention of running it alongside FS9. One problem, however: The wonderful water in FSX was bound to threaten the continued use of my carefully customized FS9 installation and this, for me, would be upsetting. Isn't it strange the effect water has on us all. I've lost count of the number of forum threads devoted to the subject.I have just installed REP and the first feature I looked for was, yes, you've guessed, water! All my fears can now be laid to rest. These are, with the exception of FSX, the most convincing representations of water textures in FS since Bill Lyons offered his creations to the community. Thank you again for giving us this product so generously.I'm off now to discover the other enhancements in this exceptional package.Best regards,Mike Edit: Incidentally, I experienced no problems directing the installer to place the installation on drive D:One thing I noted in passing was a brief message which popped up to inform me that something wasn't found during the backup of my current textures. Sorry to be a bit vague, but the backup then went on to complete successfully and the appropriate folders and content duly appeared under the Texture (166 Objects) and SceneryWorldTexture (134 Objects) folders so I am assuming all's well.

Thank you, Tim for this labor of love...well done!Here in the Northeast of the US, the water is probably closer to a charcoal grey than anything as blue/green as your textures, however your halogen spot lights are my favorite now, very cool indeed:-)again many thanksDave

Mike, I am very glad you like this package... I have to say I spent SO MUCH TIME on the water. It was an important factor for me personally :)Take careTim :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

>Thank you, Tim for this labor of love...well done!>>Here in the Northeast of the US, the water is probably closer>to a charcoal grey than anything as blue/green as your>textures, however your halogen spot lights are my favorite>now, very cool indeed:-)>>again many thanks>>DaveDave have you not tried the AquaPro Dark set? It is probably what you would expect. :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157240.jpg

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

>>I've just tried to install REP to C:Program Files as>>instructed, but at the end of the installation process I get>>the error message 'Run time error 429: ActiveX component>can't>>create object'. The same error message comes up if I then>try>>and run the program by clicking on the REP icon. Any>>suggestions? >Nick here is what my programmer said>>Generally, an error like that comes from them missing some>component >required by the VB program. Unfortunately Microsoft makes>their error >messages cryptic. What you might advise the user to do is to>download >from Microsoft the VB6 service pack 6 runtime files and>install them. My guess is he has them but something failed to>be registered.>>I really hope this helps.>>TimHi again Tim, I managed to fix the problem. First of all I tried downloading the Visual Basic 6 SP6 files from the Microsoft site, but when I tried to install these files an error message came up at the end of the installation stating that the files weren't installed successfully for some reason. Why that happened I have no idea..But you'd certainly pointed me in the right direction, and with what you said in mind I did a bit more reading on the Internet about possible solutions for this particular error message. One site that came up in the search results pointed me back towards the Microsoft site stating that the error could be occuring because the Microsoft Scripting Engine (i.e. Microsoft Windows Script) isn't installed on the system trying to run the program. So I did a search for 'MS Windows Script' on the MS website and downloaded the latest version for WinXP. Then after that, voila, the REP interface managed to load successfully without a hitch.Anyhow, sorry if this has gotten a bit deep, but I though it would maybe help anyone else who encounters a similar problem.Well...now I'm just looking forward to trying out REP :-) Cheers!

Great news Nick!! I am happy you dug deeper cause this was driving me nuts :) OH... the power of the internet, it is a lovely thing :)Thanks again palTim :D

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hi Tim,Further to my previous post, you will note that the file count for the backups came to 300. Counting the files in the relevant REP folders I have a total of 302 files.The 2 file discrepancy turns out to be:envmap.bmpdetail1.bmpBoth these files are in the FS9texture folderChecking my backup files and comparing each with the files in the relevant texture folders under REPInstall, I found:1. detail1.bmp is missing from the backup (this presumably accounted for the error I noted during the backup process)2. While envmap.bmp was backed up successfully, I find there are 2 instances of envmap.bmp under REPInstall - one is in EnvmapTexture and the other is in ReflectTexture.I suspect that my file count discrepancy should in fact be (1) rather than (2) - the missing detail1.bmp from the backup. It also means, of course, that my original file has now been overwritten.As to the significance of the 2 instances of envmap.bmp, I haven't worked that out yet, but I imagine that there is a very good reason for it.Hope this has been of some help to you when you come to release version 1.1 ;)Regards,Mike

Tim, you're very welcome :)Can I remind you now?...LOLRegards,Mike

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Tim, Just wanted to drop you a note that I downloaded your files today, installed them tonight, and was really pleased with the results. I have to think the FSX fairy delivered a partial load of FSX textures with your file as the new sun, clouds and overall appearance of the sim has taken a drastic change for the better . . . its beautiful.I've only had a little time to play with it this evening, but I've gone from clear weather, to building cold fronts to a downpour and love every one of them . . . and all freeware! I'm really impressed with the results. I had all but given up flying FS at night but this evening the day to dusk scenery was pretty impressive and very beautiful. Great work and thanks for your efforts.Best to you and your teamClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"