Sign in to follow this  
Redeye1

Decision time

Gentlemen, please help me make a decision.  I would like to purchase either the Flight1 Super Kingair B200 or the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pilot Edition.  I realize that they have different roles, but which do you think I would enjoy more as far as all around joy of operation?  Thanks

Regards,

Redeye

Edited by Redeye1

3 minutes ago, Redeye1 said:

Gentlemen, please help me make a decision.  I would like to purchase either the Flight1 Super Kingair B200 or the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pilot Edition.  I realize that they are have different roles, but which do you think I would enjoy more as far as all around joy of operation?  Thanks

Regards,

Redeye

Majestic Dash Q 1,000 better! 

Simbol 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Q400

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

58 minutes ago, Redeye1 said:

Gentlemen, please help me make a decision.  I would like to purchase either the Flight1 Super Kingair B200 or the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pilot Edition.  I realize that they have different roles, but which do you think I would enjoy more as far as all around joy of operation?  Thanks

Regards,

Redeye

The Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional.  I was part of the inner team with Majestic and know the Dash 8 and many other airliners pretty darned well, and the Dash i amazing in every respect.  I own just about every airliner for FSX/P3Dv4.

Not too many knowledgeable people would care to argue that the two most completely modeled / best aircraft ever developed for Desktop Flight Simulation are the Leonardo Maddog and the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional (I'm on the inner teams for both projects).  That's not a word not allowed type statement, and you'll notice that I didn't include our Aircraft

Something else that people sometimes overlook... the Dash 8 Q400 Professional version not only has Shared Cockpit, but the Shared Cockpit is the best in all of flight simulation.  This not only adds an exceptional, fun, and even exciting element to your flights, but also there is just no better way to learn a new aircraft or most everything else in flight sim than sharing the aircraft with a friend and/or someone who is experienced with the aircraft.  I've used CFD/Shared Cockpit to train people up on aircraft and VATSIM too many times to count, and each experience was tremendously rewarding for me and them! 

If you get the Dash 8 Q400 Professional, you will thank yourself and never, ever regret it!

Best wishes my friend!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

+1 Q400

• Like 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Well, I don't believe there is any reason to take this any further, lol.  Thank you all for your answers!!

• Like 2

Do not make a too fast decision, before I also have thrown my two cents in :

Go for the Q400! 

Hope it's not too difficult to decide, now 

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21 minutes ago, Redeye1 said:

Well, I don't believe there is any reason to take this any further, lol.  Thank you all for your answers!!

Heh, I don't think there's anybody to be found who would say that this is a bad decision 😉

I'll add my vote for it... It's not a plane I fly often as I don't find it particularly relaxing, but getting it up in the air and down again in one piece is a pretty rewarding experience. One of my favorite aspects of it is actually the sound environment. The engine sounds are really phenomenal!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Majestic Q400

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

FYI -- the milviz King Air might actually be out soon (tm) :)   and "if" and "when" that happens, I'd take it over the JustFlight KingAir.

But yes, Q400 for things that are available right now.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB