Sign in to follow this  
timest

Real Enviroment Pro problem with textures after uninsta...

While I like the look of REP I disliked the way it made runways look and I forgot to uncheck the sky texures so I tried uninstalling. Before installing I made a backup of my textures via the REP GUI and thought that once uninstalled my GE Pro texures and everyhing would be back to normal. My runway still looks like it has snow on it and I am at a loss now as to how to get my old textures back. I created a restore point before installing and that did not work either.Tim or anyone, any ideas? What would be the best way to get my textures back? I have UT Canada/Alaska, UT USA and GE Pro.Thanks,

\Robert Hamlich/

>While I like the look of REP I disliked the way it made>runways look and I forgot to uncheck the sky texures so I>tried uninstalling. Before installing I made a backup of my>textures via the REP GUI and thought that once uninstalled my>GE Pro texures and everyhing would be back to normal. My>runway still looks like it has snow on it and I am at a loss>now as to how to get my old textures back. I created a>restore point before installing and that did not work either.>>Tim or anyone, any ideas? What would be the best way to get>my textures back? I have UT Canada/Alaska, UT USA and GE>Pro.>>Thanks,Rob, this package doesn't have anything to do with UT or GE PRO except for the sky color textures. You say that you made a backup of the original textures via the REP interface, so go to your C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Texture folder and inside there is a folder named REBackup. Just put those files into that same directory overwriting the current ones. Then go to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldtexture and do the same in that directory. Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

The textures included with REPRO are much beeter than the default. Not an opinion, but fact. I use "xtrarunway" textures which are pretty good as well as "airland" textures which seem to be pretty nice as well. I'm going to give Tim's textures a go and see if they aren't better than the textures I already have. Also, if you don't like the runway textures, just replace them, they are named accordingly (ie; runway11.bmp and so on.) Thanks so much Tim for REPro!Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Thanks Tim,I checked and do not have any of the backup files. I think I might have clicked on install rather than backup. I will try and install the dry textures and see how it looks. You did some really nice work, I am impressed. Thanks for your help and quick reply.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/

>Thanks Tim,>>I checked and do not have any of the backup files. I think I>might have clicked on install rather than backup. I will try>and install the dry textures and see how it looks. You did>some really nice work, I am impressed. Thanks for your help>and quick reply.>>Cheers,No problem :) It sounds like you might have done that. In that case your files would have been overwritten. Please feel free to play with it and let me know how you like it :) Try loading a wet or snow environment and set the weather to either one and go fly :) It really helps the feel of being in a snow or wet environment. I am happy you like so far.Take care :DTim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com