Sign in to follow this  
danielgarzag

P3D crashes to desktop and freezes every second

I have been getting so annoyed and frustrated with my PC lately, every time I fly its the same stuff. I press a key or try to move my camera or change views and P3D freezes or goes black for a while then comes back. I land or press another key on the keyboard and P3D freezes again and crashes to desktop. Everyday its the same story, I really don't even want to fly anymore because my computer is being garbage. 

Any solutions???

What are your system specs? Did you try the solution on page 9, AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature.)?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Screen Size 15.6 inches
Max Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels
Processor 2.5 GHz
RAM 8 GB DDR4
Hard Drive 900 GB Mechanical Hard Drive
Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Chipset Brand NVIDIA
Card Description Dedicated
Graphics Card Ram Size 4 GB
Wireless Type 802.11ac
Number of USB 3.0 Ports 3
Average Battery Life (in hours) 8 hours

Many times when PC freezes and stops working, the RAM and CPU/GPU levels are low and not on MAX... so I don't know why this happens..

At some point in time did you run P3D Ok with those PC specs (btw, you don't mention which P3D version you're running)?, or it has always been the case with your setup and currently used P3D version?. Seems to me that your GPU is very limited (GTX 1050 and only 4GB video memory).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, DanielGarcia said:

Many times when PC freezes and stops working, the RAM and CPU/GPU levels are low and not on MAX...

There is no MAX setting for the CPU/GPU/RAM.  You can try to overclock your CPU/GPU/RAM to maybe get better performance but you need to be very careful when trying to overclock anything.  Your CPU is not very powerful at 2.5GHz but you should be able to run P3D okay unless you turn up the settings.  Many recommend more than 8GB's of RAM and install at least 16GB's.  Your system appears to be a laptop and laptop's work but desktop computer systems are recommended.

When you see a black screen and P3D is freezing, it means your P3D settings are probably set too high.  If you do not allow your computer to "breathe", expect black screens and freezing depending on what addon aircraft/scenery you are using.  That's another thing you should provide in your report.  What aircraft/scenery were you using when the computer froze up?  My recommendation would be to rename your p3d.cfg to p3d.off, restart your computer and let a new p3d.cfg be created.  Do not touch any of the settings as you are investigating.  Try the same flights/scenarios and see if your system freezes up and/or the screen goes black.  If not, then this was the problem.  Your settings were too high.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

30 minutes ago, edpatino said:

At some point in time did you run P3D Ok with those PC specs (btw, you don't mention which P3D version you're running)?, or it has always been the case with your setup and currently used P3D version?. Seems to me that your GPU is very limited (GTX 1050 and only 4GB video memory).

Cheers, Ed

I have ran P3D with no issue before, but this crash to desktop has been more common after windows updated..

23 hours ago, DanielGarcia said:

but this crash to desktop has been more common after windows updated

If you recently updated Windows, you can go back to the previous version.  In the search box, type update, look up in the menu and click on check for updates.  Then click on Recovery and go back to a previous version of Windows.  If this does not fix your problem, then you can download and update again.

You simply do not provide information to let us help you.  It may not even be an issue with P3D.  If going back to a previous version of Windows does not work, you need to provide us with an AppCrashView report (see AVSIM CTD Guide).  It may show a faulting module but doubt it as you state P3D is freezing up.  Did you following the advice I gave by going to the AVSIM CTD Guide and following the directions for fixing all P3D Crashes/Freezes?

Submit News to AVSIM