Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

AI Aircraft display question????

For the default aircraft in FS9, the Boeing 737, 747, and 777 are displayed in the aircraft selection options. I don't fly these aircraft and would prefer that they do not show up as selectable aircraft for that purpose, but do want to retain them as displayed AI aircraft.The Dash 8 and MD83 are not displayed as optional aircraft to fly unless a panel is installed.My question is how do you make the Boeing aircraft like the Dash 8 and MD83 relative to showing up in the aircraft selection options for flight. Like the Dash8 and MD83, I would like to have them available as AI displayed aircraft, but not be present in the selection options. The only difference I see is that the MD83 and Dash8 have no panels. I tried removing the panels from the Boeing aircraft, but they still show up in the Manufacturer/Type/Variation selection options. The Dash8 and MD83 do not.My best guess is that there is a line in the aircraft.cfg files for this format but I have not detected what it is yet. I have also peeked at the config files for the PAI aircraft, but still do not see the solution.I am pretty sure I am overlooking the obvious (again) but does anybody know the secret?Thanks:RTH

HelloThere is a utility called "bbq hide ai" in the avsim library.With this you can edit the aircraft.cfg of each plane and make it disappear. It works with the add on aircrafts but I have never tried it on a default one. Give it a try if you want.Cheers

You'd be better off not using the default aircraft as AI - replacing them with packages from World of AI or Project AI.However, they are danged good models with excellent usage of LOD - just really terrible paint templates.AI only models are even better with lower polygon counts and almost as good a use of LOD - but the schedules and repaints are exceptional.But whatever you do, never delete the default aircraft from your system. There are many addons which rely upon them.And removing the default C-172 - or changing it's title - can result in FS being unable to start if your system has to reset itself.

Thanks loads:Works like a charm. Neat little utility.Reggie: I have the PAI AI aircraft as well, but they seldom show up at my home airport of KLWB while the FS9 defaults do. The defaults have been edited with the replacement textures from some time ago (American, Delta, US Air etc. etc.) Thanks for the reply.Respectfully:RTH

That size airport is not served well by the larger airline packages.No one has done a US Airways Express or Delta Connection package.One thing about leaving the default AI on your system - it will take almost all the parking in the stock airport setups - you will have to add extra parking for other packages to show up. PS - our just release Ultimate GA BeechJet 400 package has 14 aircraft per week traveling through KLWB - you will need three parking spots for them on Wednesday evening.www.ultimatega.com - or UGABJ400.zip in the Avsim Library

Hello Reggie:I have put the defaults back to sleep (Flightsim Manager) and installed your Beechjet 400 package. Thanks for the headsup.RTH