Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

One of our own stole a real jet!

"That guy must really like Citations."His love of Citations earned him a citation, but not what he expected :)

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I too disagree with the "one of our own" mentality, but the backlash against civil simming is way over the top. I don't bother with games other than flitesims and Chess progs, but aren't there games where the goal is to steal cars, prostitutes give you "lifeforce" and to save money and do better in the game you kill instead of paying them? Or games where you hunt game wardens along with the deer. In Falcon I used to fly with unlimited armement but limited fuel in a campaign, and simulated killing far more people each mission than the perpetrators of 9/11 did. (I'd take a wingman or two and send them back to base so at least one plane would have returned and the mission would be successful, hit my primary and preplanned a route to hit as much stuff that would have tactical and strategic value. Once a target was denied them, I'd do ocasional "maintenance bombing" to keep it that way, and losing reconstruction crews plus the extra SAMs sent to protect them didn't help them. Still got promotions and medals, though you're not supposed to with unlimited armament.) But there has never been much of a backlash against combat sims. Yes, it's possible to simulate flying a jetliner into a building- but you don't get any points or virtual rewards for it. But I'm preaching to the choir here.Best Regards, Donny:-wave