Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

Flight sim and ctd"s

Hi allI am frustrated, not because of the actual ctd, but because I am finding it hard to chase down the problem ,or cause of the CTDI have been using msfs for a long time without ctd's but recently I have been the recipient of rude behaviour from my computer.A typical example is running fs9.1 , vatsim enabled, pmdg 747 or 737 at the runway, fms ready, clearance in hand, avs6 up and running, on a second machine, fsnavigator in the background. All set to go !AND THE NOTHING!. Lots of work and only a windows desktop to show for it.I dont actually know how it all started but in the past month it has become more frequent.It is not just this config that has given me the trouble. So rather than giving up flying ,I wonder if anyone has a good tool that can chase this down. Can I use filemon to find the problem, Trial and error is going to take forever.Thoughts. PeterConfig:2 machines running xp sp2 with lots of memoryHard drives at 50%widefs connected by a 1 G/100 mb switch over a subnetp4 3ghz machines2x 6800 gt nvidea

Guest Kiwi75

I'm experiencing a very similar "no-error-reporting" problem and I posted a topic about it. I would be interested in hearing about your findings. Right now I don't have any details from event viewer as no responsible file is reported.

>I'm experiencing a very similar "no-error-reporting" problem>and I posted a topic about it. I would be interested in>hearing about your findings. Right now I don't have any>details from event viewer as no responsible file is reported.>When you say "event viewer" are you talking about the windows event view .? thankspeter

Guest Kiwi75

>When you say "event viewer" are you talking about the windows>event view .? thanks>>peterYes... Under Administration panel. If you click on applications you should see an error report at the time your ctd happened, and sometimes with file info.

>>When you say "event viewer" are you talking about the>windows>>event view .? thanks>>>>peter>>Yes... Under Administration panel. If you click on>applications you should see an error report at the time your>ctd happened, and sometimes with file info.Right, of course. I also use filemon,, because that gives me some indication of what is running on the machine, but I find it interesting that some posts in the forum show a screen shot of what is supposed to be the moment before the ctd, How did they get that picture? How would they know that the computer was about to fail?? I have no indication Everything goes turns off in a flash and im looking at my desktop.I suppose im just going to fly with a basic config for a while. No addons, then bring them back one at a time,let me know if you have had any success. Thanks

Typically, straight CTD with no warning is missing textures...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>Typically, straight CTD with no warning is missing>textures...>-PaulInteresting, do you have any idea how to identify missing textures. perhaps something like fsm " flight sim manager " would be good to identify that. Peter

Guest Kiwi75

>Interesting, do you have any idea how to identify missing>textures. perhaps something like fsm " flight sim manager ">would be good to identify that. >>>PeterSuch a fsm would be very useful. Please let me know if you find something. However, the missing textures or duplicate AFCAD problems should always cause a CTD when flying over the same area. Is this your case or is it happening in a more random way?

I found two things to cause CTDs on my puter. Duplicate AFCADs and FS Navigator. I am very careful what sceneries I install, but since I removed FSNav, I stopped having CTDs all in all.

Guest Kiwi75

Talking about duplicate AFCADs... Suppose I have a few airports with these files: af2_limc.bgl and taxisigns_LIMC.bgl. They're both recognized as AFCAD files in the same layer. Is this considered a duplicate? Cos I still haven't figured out what the "taxisigns" file is all about.

Latest edition of "Crash to desktop"Last night I tried to isolate the problem, I usually fly out of Toronto, As a result of the response to this thread I checked, and in fact had duplicate afcads for yyz, I also have "World airports installed" and this gives me some great detail for the airport.So I deleted the duplicates. Loaded things up and spent 30 minutes getting ready in the 737pmdg on my way to KATLI arrived at the end of the runway . Cleared, and then as soon as I applied T/O power ........" CTD".Bu the good news is ,Im getting closer to isolating the issue, because I did not have the second computer running . So the CTD cant be from ;widefsor avs6they are on the client machine.Running on the fs computer at the time of crash was the following1. world airports 20042 traffic 20063 fsuipc ( latest version)4 pmdg 737 updated with latest version.5. fs9.16. fsnavigator ( interesting in the thread above)So now Im going to simply fly a fs aircraft with and without fsnav. Then test it all with pmdg.Does anyone think the problem would be fsuipc or fs itself.I used to spend time flying , now i just fix problems!!..Regards and thanks to all.peter

Guest Kiwi75

OK... I have some news from my side. Two flights so far and no CTD!What I did was running CCleaner to fix Issues, then clean up the registry with Regcleaner, restart and no CTD's ever since... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I will try that as well.But now this CTD issue is driving me crazy, so I started up the computer this am and only ran fs9.1 with the pmdg 737 , I was able to take off ,but after 10mins, crash to Desktop.Nothing else was running except AI in the background. NO client computer and fsnavigator was not on either.I think im getting closer.It must be World airports ( I dont know how to turn it off without an unistall), mytraffic 2006, pmdg 737 , or fs itself. One down three to go.Peter

>I will try that as well.>>But now this CTD issue is driving me crazy, so I started up>the computer this am and only ran fs9.1 with the pmdg 737 , I>was able to take off ,but after 10mins, crash to Desktop.>>Nothing else was running except AI in the background. NO>client computer and fsnavigator was not on either.>>I think im getting closer.>>It must be World airports ( I dont know how to turn it off>without an unistall), mytraffic 2006, pmdg 737 , or fs itself.>>>One down three to go.>>Peter>>