Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Be careful what you wish for: a cautionary note

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Has anyone confirmed it's a 64bit or 32bit process?

Are you seriously asking this about a 2020 game with such graphics and technological improvements? 

• Like 2

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, because someone mention there was going to be "compatibility" mode with FSX add-ons and 32bit and 64bit DLLs don't mix ... but again, nothing 'real' yet to confirm or deny.

Cheers, Rob.

Well, I really hope then that they will provide both a 32 and 64 bit version of the game (I have games that offer both so it shouldn't be impossible).

A simple question.

With the numerous statements about MSFS listening to the community, and bearing in mind the absolute lack of SDK release, along with nobody as yet admitting to having the Alpha1 to test, can anyone tell me just, WHAT, MSFS has incorporated into the new sim, which is demonstrably, a result of "listening to the community."

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

33 minutes ago, simtom said:

For starters, they said they want to attend as much shows as possible, and second, MSFS wasn't announced yet when FSExpo was happening. So I'm not sure how you can already accuse them of not attending any events (see XO19 for example).

Don't you find it crazy they anounced their simulator just after the FSexpo show finished? They could have attended it.. And share the news with us..

There is another very big show in UK called Cosford, they weren't there either. But they were in the London X019. Having said that most simmers and developers on these forums go to Cosford not the other.

And lastly, yes they fixed lots of things read the change log, Rob particularly tested things intensively while I and many others gather lots of data for LM to ensure HF2 was a success for everyone. That is the result of collaboration and team work.

It is all public here in AVSIM, search..

Regards,

Simbol 

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Don't you find it crazy they anounced their simulator just after the FSexpo show finished? They could have attended it.. And share the news with us..

Sure, but it wasn't Asobo's call. It isn't that difficult to see which event has the most impact to announce a new game. I think it was just an unfortunate timing.

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

There is another very big show in UK called Cosford, they weren't there either. But they were in the London X019. Having said that most simmers and developers on these forums go to Cosford not the other.

Valid points but I personally think that they are not ready yet to attend a real flight sim show, not with so much still to be revealed. I'm fairly certain that they will attend FSExpo next year (when perhaps most of the features will have been announced).

19 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

WHAT, MSFS has incorporated into the new sim, which is demonstrably, a result of "listening to the community."

Well, it's still pretty early to pinpoint certain features. We"ll get more details once they'll release their Feedback Snapshot V1 (meant to provide transparency into the feedback we are tracking/working on). Do keep in mind though that these aren't confirmed features, just the stuff they're tracking.

You of course have the obvious features which aren't necessarily due to community feedback but rather technological improvements (like satellite data, accurate depiction of weather, new aerodynamics, ...). 

This thread is the funniest thing I have read in a while. A bunch of old woman who hate on the hot new blonde in town cos she is taking all mens attention.

I really wish you stay to ur word and stick with P3D an ancient sim with terrible fps while the vast majority will enjoy this stunning new sim.

MS announcing the new sim only one year prior release was actually shocking as it is absolutely unusual to announce new AAA games so close to release. Cyberpunk for example was announced in 2012 etc.

its not MS fault that 3pd are suffering now. MS has their own business and a new sim they invested multiple hundred of millions already. And so far they made everything right. The listen to the community and talk to devs. The are working on the open sdk and premium 3pds have already an alpha sdk for weeks for sure. You guys here complaining are just too small and unimportant and have to wait for the official sdk.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Lukas Dalton

1 minute ago, simtom said:

Sure, but it wasn't Asobo's call. It isn't that difficult to see which event has the most impact to announce a new game. I think it was just an unfortunate timing.

Valid points but I personally think that they are not ready yet to attend a real flight sim show, not with so much still to be revealed. I'm fairly certain that they will attend FSExpo next year (when perhaps most of the features will have been announced).

I respect your opinion. 

But I think a simulator needs to be where it belongs. In a flight sim show.

Laminar Research, Locked Martin, 3rd party developers and most importantly Flight Sim users are there.

After all global marketing can be achieved by internet as they are doing now.

Regards,

S.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DaWu said:

The are working on the open sdk and premium 3pds have already an alpha sdk for weeks for sure. You guys here complaining are just too small and unimportant and have to wait for the official sdk

Lol.. Ok.. Great..

I am as important as you and everyone else here.

Nobody is small in this world. I would like to remind you that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs started in a garage and managed to become one of the most important people of this century.

So 2 of the biggest corporations in this world started with the most important tool, their minds.. 

I am sure if Bill Gates hear about me or any other developer that has started on this business from our homes, and being able to provide amazing tools for an international audiences, he would be 1,000 times more proud about us than anybody else.

Regards,

Simbol 

Edited by simbol

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

Lol.. Ok.. Great..

I am as important as you and everyone else here.

Nobody is small in this world. I would like to remind you that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs started in a garage and managed to become one of the most important people of this century.

So 2 of the biggest corporations in this world started with the most important tool, their minds.. 

I am sure if Bill Gates hear about me or any other developer that has started on this business from our homes, and being able to provide amazing tools for an international audiences, he would be 1,000 times more proud about us than anybody else.

Regards,

Simbol 

No you are wrong here. On a 3pd ranklist both u and I are at the bottom and me aint even a payware dev lol. You think u can compare urself to pmdg, aerosoft or orbx and are expecting equal treatment by MS? LOL good luck with that.

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

1 hour ago, simbol said:

But I think a simulator needs to be where it belongs. In a flight sim show.

I agree but like I said earlier, I think it's not the right time for them to be present at flight sim shows. Most of the questions being asked would have to be answered with a "cannot deny nor confirm" statement. A show like XO19 is different because they will get less of those "expert" questions. 

I'm sure (or I rather hope) they'll attend FSExpo next year.

Edited by simtom

5 minutes ago, DaWu said:

You think u can compare urself to pmdg, aerosoft or orbx and are expecting equal treatment by MS? LOL good luck with that.

I will let time and others to take that judgment not you.

S.

6 minutes ago, simtom said:

I agree but like I said earlier, I think it's not the right time for them to be present at flight sim shows. Most of the questions being asked would have to be answered with a "cannot deny nor confirm" statement. A show like XO19 is different because they will get less of those "expert" questions. 

I'm sure (or rather I hope) they'll attend FSExpo next year.

MS announced the new sim at the E3. An event with a multi million audience. Bad planning to put the FS expo at the same weekend even though noone could have forseen that.

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

59 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

A simple question.

With the numerous statements about MSFS listening to the community, and bearing in mind the absolute lack of SDK release, along with nobody as yet admitting to having the Alpha1 to test, can anyone tell me just, WHAT, MSFS has incorporated into the new sim, which is demonstrably, a result of "listening to the community."

Regards

Tony

VR....!!!!

Chris Camp

1 minute ago, DaWu said:

MS announced the new sim at the E3. An event with a multi million audience. Bad planning to put the FS expo at the same weekend even though noone could have forseen that.

That’s what I said a few posts above that 😉