Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Be careful what you wish for: a cautionary note

On 11/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, SteveW said:

Really serious saga. I've been in contact with plenty of guys that depend on their flight sim for a big part of their lives.

Well, I know a lot of people who depend on building Diesel engines.

Guess what? Times change. And they always will 😞

• Like 1

22 hours ago, swiesma said:

LOL 😄

I think they will make it in 16bit, so it may be more challening for them. 64bit programming can be done even by apes.

While apes could do it yes, many companies still chose not to. Glad we are still just blindly believing in MSFT. While I agree it is unlikely that it won’t be 64bit, it also hasn’t been mentioned once according to my searches. 

35 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

While apes could do it yes, many companies still chose not to. Glad we are still just blindly believing in MSFT. While I agree it is unlikely that it won’t be 64bit, it also hasn’t been mentioned once according to my searches. 

It most definitely will be 64 bit.  32 bit is dead   They've switched the world to double precision floating points,  which means double the memory for world positioning.