Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Be careful what you wish for: a cautionary note

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

Sounds like a bunch of spoiled youngsters ... if AVSIM is a meme than this reddit channel is a meme of a meme of a meme. If you give a shitzu on good manners, feel free to hang out there.

It's a generational thing.... they're a younger crowd which is fine. People are very brave on fora behind their keyboards but at the end of the day they're just geeky flighsimmers in need of a gym and healthier diet.    I've been to enough flightsim shows to know they are no-where near as street tough as they sound on Reddit..

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

It's a generational thing.... they're a younger crowd which is fine.

word not allowed, does that mean i can't "OK, BOOMER!" them?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It's a generational thing.... they're a younger crowd which is fine. People are very brave on fora behind their keyboards but at the end of the day they're just geeky flighsimmer nerds in need of a gym and healthier diet.    I've been to enough flightsim shows to know they are no-where near as street tough as they sound on Reddit..

Honestly, if you're trying to be better than them, come off as more mature, that's a pretty immature way of going about it. Talking about gyms and diets as a way to insult a group of people, that's scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of insults.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Sethos said:

Honestly, if you're trying to be better than them, come off as more mature, that's a pretty immature way of going about it.

I agree, I'm interacting on both and the general tone on reddit is much more friendly than here, not saying that Avsim is unfriendly (just a bit less than on reddit).

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Honestly, if you're trying to be better than them, come off as more mature, that's a pretty immature way of going about it.

It's not a competition.  It's my opinion based on observation

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Trolling the P3D (!) Forum with pointless MSFS praising and bashing P3D and then calling people defending immature?

Wicked, THAT is exactly the humor i was looking for 🙂

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Trolling the P3D (!) Forum with pointless MSFS praising and bashing P3D and then calling people defending immature?

Wicked, THAT is exactly the humor i was looking for 🙂

What?

EDIT: Oh I see the matching (broken, might I add) signatures from FSBetaTesters. You guys are together and basically just gang on up people, got it.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Yeah, this thread had run its course on page 1. It's pointless to tell people how they should spend their cash. I don't see anything coming out of this conversation except for a few embarrassments.

Edited by AviatorMoser
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I see the matching (broken, might I add) signatures from FSBetaTesters. You guys are together and basically just gang on up people, got it.

Sethos, that's just silly and you know it.  This has nothing to do with FSReborn that didn't even cross my mind when commented. It's about attitudes of different user group on the internet.  I think this thread is done for

Edited by ErichB

I feel ashamed to be part of a community where some members are openly criticising two commercial members who have done more for me (and most of the flightsim community) than anyone else that I can remember. They work tirelessly to provide the rest of us with quality products, accurate information, extensive testing for the benefit of the community, and an incalculable wealth of help and advice regarding all aspects of flight simulation.

I think it's about time that some of you appreciated just how much these two members contribute to the flight simulation community (most of it FREE OF CHARGE). I have the deepest respect for both of them, and it annoys the hell out of me when I see others attacking them just because they do not automatically bow down and worship at the Microsoft altar. Just remember that these two members have more connections in the flightsim world than most of the members on the AVSIM forums, so maybe......just maybe.....they have an appreciation of what is happening over and above what the rest of us know.

Healthy debate is one thing, but suggestions that they are insignificant, greedy, and overly negative are so far off the mark as to be laughable. I expect better from AVSIM members.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Sethos, that's just silly and you know it.  This has nothing to do with FSReborn that didn't even cross my mind when commented. It's about attitudes of different user group on the internet.  I think this thread is done for

Wasn't as much aimed at you as much as it was Joe. He seemed keen on sticking up for you. However, trying to gaslight me, calling me a troll because I'm participating and inherently disagree with overarching message in here, I'm not having that. Then I'm definitely calling out that connection because then it goes beyond just mutual agreement, to a point where it's about shutting me down with dirty tricks, instead of just taking up the discussion. I do agree, there is a huge gap in in attitudes and respect. However, it's a poor way of showing that gap if you just stoop the level of the other guy.

But alas, the community fracture is probably an interesting debate for a completely different thread. Though I also agree with the overall sentiment of this thread having run its course, doesn't seem to bring out the best in people.

• Like 1

Guys, shake hands and look forward to the bright future together. Change is always a worry. I expect MS to deal with the issues raised.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

In the meantime I am almost finishing my flight from Amsterdam to Bodrum ...

😎

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just now, GSalden said:

In the meantime I am almost finishing my flight from Amsterdam to Bodrum ...

😎

Awesome!

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com